Mares VOLO fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rrenneka

Registered
Reaction score
I bought a used set of Mares Volo fins. The guy I bought them from folded them in half in order to be able to ship them in a smaller box. I complained to him about this because I think it may have ruined them and he said that he asked a local dealer about it before he folded them and they told him it would not be a problem. Does anyone have any input on this?

He should not have folded them. Based on how used they were/condition they were in I can't say if they were damaged. If they were new, they may have been deformed slightly, then may come back to shape. It is impossible to say without knowing how tight they were, condition etc. Just evaluate how they are now and then if they are not in good shape, take it up with him.

Regards,

Phil

Thanks Phil. They are fairly straight now because I sat a heavy rock on them for several hours while they were laying on a flat surface. They were not folded to the point that they were kinked. They were folded to the maximum without kinking. I am concerned that the integrity of the material has been diminished by the folding. Im sure they will work. Im just not so sure if they will work as they would have if they hadn't been folded. Do you think I should return them for a refund? Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom