Bridge to the u/w cement plant at Mansfield

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These are some great photos of the river and dam construction. We have been to Shaker Plant on several charters and have it marked on the GPS. If anyone is interested in doing an exploration dive to the area, we can put together a charter. Divers have seen the large monolith that appears to be part of the plant, along with large timbers and other construction equipment remains.

Robert
Lake Travis Scuba
Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba

Strange to see Windy Point so high and dry in some of the aerials. Let me run a few traps at LCRA and see what other photos are in the archive.

I spent part of the afternoon with the LCRA archivist, Jean Flahive, and found two additional photos of the Mansfield side of the dam. One of them seems to have a "bridge" on the service road. The other four are of the Shaker Plant. Jean scanned the photos for me and has also placed them on the LCRA flicker page.

I spent part of the afternoon with the LCRA archivist, Jean Flahive, and found two additional photos of the Mansfield side of the dam. One of them seems to have a "bridge" on the service road. The other four are of the Shaker Plant. Jean scanned the photos for me and has also placed them on the LCRA flicker page.

Can you post the photos she scanned?

Last edited:
Has anyone considered putting all this information together into an underwater trail?

It looks like we have a trail that leads from the damn site (now park) out to the orginal plant site (combination of possible trails, telegram poles and old bucket poles.)

So is the information available to make a underwater trail from the park out to the old shaker plant?

Or would a side scan of this part of the lake help with the process in defining a trail system?

Regards, Andrew

side scans are always beneficial ... but the problem arises of compiling multiple side scan runs into a comprehensive map

it can be done, but we would need to find the manpower and equipment

Has anyone considered putting all this information together into an underwater trail?

It looks like we have a trail that leads from the damn site (now park) out to the orginal plant site (combination of possible trails, telegram poles and old bucket poles.)

So is the information available to make a underwater trail from the park out to the old shaker plant?

Or would a side scan of this part of the lake help with the process in defining a trail system?

Regards, Andrew

What like run gold line to the sites?

Anchors are going to be a problem in spots, ran into anchor problems with GTTP, the anchor solution currently in place, I wouldn't consider perminent for "general" traffic, it would get trashed very quickly.

What about compass heading from one area to the other.....makes it more challenging than a line!

I agree that much Kermantle would be a pain.

Alan, has a good idea. Make a standard U/W map with points and directions.
Especially any telegraph poles or solid objects.
Try to hold the site as close as possible to specific known distances.

Then again I am not against drilling into large limestone boulders and putting in vertical markers. A kind of "You are here" marker...

I am digging out my map now.

Andrew

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom