Grand Cayman - Ocean Frontiers vs Tortuga Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In my previous post, I mentioned that CDL allows walkons. I probably should amend that a little. We always reserve our spots on their boats before our trip. So even though we do not stay there, we are registered for diving each day.

They have two boats, and do their best to take both out if it seems overcrowding is going to be a problem. Reading their daily dive report, you'll see they often have 12 or less divers on each boat.

The other nice thing about CDL is that they offer a locker for all your gear to be stored in, and will take that gear to the boat for you. Basically, you walk to the boat in the morning with your wetsuit, and you are ready.

Obviously, I am a huge fan of CDL. Again, that is not to say that OF and TD are lacking. It just seems to me CDL attempts to go the extra mile in catering to their divers. I still consider myself new to diving (50 dives, 45 of them in Cayman - most with CDL), so the catering is a nice thing to me, where it may not mean much or even be wanted by more experienced and independent divers.

I guess the real point, as mentioned in a post above, is there are three very good operators on the east end, and depending on what you're looking for, it's unlikely you'll go wrong with any of them.

Cayman Diving Lodge on the East End is my number one choose. You also should make a trip over to Divetech on the West End (next to Turtle Farm) and check out the best shore dive on the island day or night. Also, check out Divetech's scooter dive, it was a blast.

Back
Top Bottom