Dacor Viper regulator service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

annaalexa

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anybody know where I can get Dacor Viper regulator serviced? My local dive shop (who used to handle it) said that they don't know anymore if it is possible. I live in Connecticut, USA. I will ship my regs to get them serviced, but prefer somewhat local place. it looks like Dacor HQ for the US used to be in Norwalk, CT. Is there anybody still there who can help servicing the regs?

Hi,

Our offices are in Norwalk, Ct. but our service center is in MD. Your regs can be serviced by any authorized Mares/Dacor dealer. I am curious as to who the dealer is (please PM me) because if they are unsure then they are probably not a dealer and we would like to contact them.

If you need a dealer in your area, just let me know what part of CT you are in.

Thanks,

Phil

I contacted New England Ski and Scuba in Vernon and they said they can do it on site. Thanks to another member of this community for a tip. My regular shop is Scuba Shack, I don't think they are a Mares dealer.

Knowing that Mares does not have a long-term plan to service-support Dacor regulators, do you think I need to stock up on relacement kits for my Viper reg?

We will continue to service and support the regs we built and have sold. There will be no issue in servicing your Viper.

annaalexa:
Knowing that Mares does not have a long-term plan to service-support Dacor regulators, do you think I need to stock up on relacement kits for my Viper reg?

Chances are that for what 5 years worth of replacement parts kits cost, you could buy a new regulator that has "free parts for life" and not have to deal with this support problem. (my 2 psi worth).

EDIT: Looks like Phil and posted about the same time and he just stated that Mares will still service the Dacor Viper. If it comes with free parts for life, then you've got your solution already.

mike_s:
Chances are that for what 5 years worth of replacement parts kits cost, you could buy a new regulator that has "free parts for life" and not have to deal with this support problem. (my 2 psi worth).

If purchased recently it may already have this.

My local dive shop no longer services Dacor. I called the number on the MARES site and the woman couldn't/wouldn't provide me with a local/midwest servicing center for the Viper TEC regulator. I have also emailed Mares and have not received a reply. I live in the Midwest- does anyone know a shop that still services the Dacor Viper? Does anyone know if Mares takes the Dacor Viper regulator as a trade in on a new regulator? Thanks much.

Hi ,

The Dacor Viper TEC is fully servicable. I am sorry no one gave you the correct answer, if you know the name of who you spoke to, please send it to me in a PM. Let me know where you are located, please ne more specific than Midwest and I can reccomend a Mares Service center, this is a very easy reg to serivce.

Regards,

Phil

i too need my viper servcied ---sigh i cant find anyone to do it

I think my LDS still sells Viper octos. No idea why you folks are having so much trouble getting them serviced.

Maybe they don't want to deal with adjusting them properly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom