Seibe Gorman Twin hose Query

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brian cooper

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all you vintage equipment users,

I've just obtained a Seibe Gorman Twin hose set, unfortunately the plaque on the back is more than a bit worn so that I can't read ALL the model info.From the dates stamped on the rubber and metal bits it appears to be manufactured in the late 1960's.

It seems in reasonable condition and complete but just needs a new fishtail inside the exhaust side AND and its abig AND it needs some mechanical work on the yoke/filter area which has been damaged by someone trying to get the filter threaded lock ring out to get at the clogged filter.

I've got the rest sorted but can't sort out how to get the yoke off to repair the damaged seat for the bottle O-ring.

Does anyone out there either have any ideas or has a manual that they would be able to let me see/trade?

Thanks

Anybody,

I know that I am a complete waste of time with regards to computers but please how do I attach a picture that I have in my computer onto the bottom of this (or another) reply.

Step by step guide would be greatly appreciated

Brian C

brian cooper once bubbled...
I know that I am a complete waste of time with regards to computers (no you're not) but please how do I attach a picture that I have in my computer onto the bottom of this (or another) reply.

I don't think that you can add a photo to something that has already been posted. So, start a new post. Below the box where you write is another box called "Attach File". Click on the "Browse" button. Go through your files and find wherever it is that you put your photo. Click on the photo. When you are ready to send it, hit "Post Reply". That's it.

The only problem is if your picture is too big. The file can't be bigger than 2400 kilobytes (I think). If it's too big you will have to edit it smaller. That's a different program.

Thanks again for the advice I do hope it works.

It might just be simpler to throw the reg in the trash can...only joking

Brian C

Hello, Brian.

Do you think that it is a Merlin MK VI (see attached photo)?

I took this photo and description from this web site:
http://mysite.freeserve.com/www.vintageaqualungs/collection6.htm

"The Merlin MKVI was an improvement on the Heinke Merlin, and has got to be one of the finest 2 stage regulators ever produced. Very heavy construction and a good venturi action. It ‘s a shame they didn't put more effort into the front case .
It has the option of a reserve air mechanism, seen here, and a surface supply port.. They were produced from 1963 to the early 70’s.
The case is cast from solid brass and the front is of a rubber material. "

Thanks very much, now that we've astablished that I have a Siebe Gorman Merlin Mk VI I've still got the problem that I can't get the Yoke off to do the repair.

Is ther canyone who has either an exploded view of that reg, knows the whereabouts of a manual or can tell me how to get the relevant bits apart?

Thanks agian,

See you all again on the new site...

Brian C

brian cooper:
I've just obtained a Seibe Gorman Twin hose set. It needs some mechanical work on the yoke/filter area which has been damaged by someone trying to get the filter threaded lock ring out to get at the clogged filter.
I've got the rest sorted but can't sort out how to get the yoke off to repair the damaged seat for the bottle O-ring.

Hello, I finally received my ebay-purchased Siebe Gorman Mistral (see attached) in the mail from Cornwall, England. Now I can see what you are talking about. First, the unscrew the big yoke nut and remove the yoke. That will let you get at the little brass retainer ring. You should be able to cut a small notch in the ring. Then place a screw driver in the notch and tap it with a hammer. It should unscrew. Finding a replacement will be tough. You may have to take the old part to a machinist and have them make you a new one.

Back
Top Bottom