Logged Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uwsince79

Reaction score
A question has been building in my mind and I thought it would be a good topic for everyone. What I would like to ask, is how much diving does everyone on this board actually participates in on a monthly or annual basis.
I (and I am not an Instructor) average about 18 – 20 dives a month year round, some years more, some a little less. My biggest year I ever had was just over 500 dives. (I sold my business and took a year off from work, and I also live in SE Florida so the weather is in my favor, but I still held a good pace living in Long Island, NY. and Chicago, IL & always have owned my own boat.). I think this would make a great topic to see how many are wet how often and in what areas of the World.

Thanks,

:)

I guess I average about 4 dives per month, on an annualized basis. However, that includes almost no diving at all from December to April or so, 'cause it gets a wee bit chilly for this ole boy up here in the jungles of Indiana. I'm contemplating getting a dry suit, so that may change the average...we'll see.

Sometimes the winter dive number is up a bit, if I'm on a cruise or live-aboard, but 50 dives/year, + or -, is an average number.

Total number of dives vs. dive time per dive -- that is the question :rolleyes:. I'll make a great philosopher someday, I think. :D

I do fewer dives than most I suspect, but a whole lot more time in the water per dive in wrecks that are twice as deep as most would go. I generally place little weight in the amount of dives someone claims to have and instead like to see "quality" rather than quanity.

Take care.

Mike

I have only had my c card since July and I have 15 dives logged. But if I could get off work more I would quickly elevate that number....oh well, maybe next year when the water gets warm agian.

Chad

Mike,

What is your avg. depth on most of your dives?

Well, this summer the average depth was only about 140ish, but with max depths going around 175'. Average dive times were 60-70 mins. This wasn't a great summer for us. Next summer we'll be averaging 175', I hope, with max depths of 240' or so. Dive times should average 75-90mins or so. The weather really didn't cooperate with our schedules for the deeper wrecks this year.

Mike

Well, I have only managed to get in 50 logged dives so far this year. I haven't been able to get out for the past 2 months for various reasons (work schedule primarily although we were not able to go this weekend due to weather), so for only 9 months getting in 50 is ok for my first year of participating in this glorious sport.

I've logged 49 dives this year thus far and plan on logging 15 to 20 more in my upcoming Dry Tortugas trip. That's not bad for a land-locked guy such as myself. The every weekend trips to the quarry get very old after a while, so a lot of mine must come during expensive trips. But I managed to hook a good local friend of mine on diving this past year and he'll be making his first non-quarry dives on our Tortugas trip. So I look foward to rather busy dive year in 2002.

I have 31 dives under my belt since the end of August, but it will slow down now that it is colder here in Texas. I imagine I will get in 6-10 a month on average next year. Or at least I hope so!

Wow, you guys sure do get to dive a lot! I'm in the pool once a week assisting with students except for winter quarter when the instructor takes time off to train the local fire department rescue team. My open water diving is fairly limited because I work nights and have no weekends off ;-0 Hard to find a buddy who's available on Tuesday's! (Although you do normally have the quarry to yourself!) I've gotten 24 dives in this year, most of them during our Nekton Pilot trip. That seems to be about average for me as far as the last 3 years go.

Ber :bunny:

Back
Top Bottom