Texas Clipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The new engine is at the dock. Should have it going in tonight and ready for Saturday's dive trip to the Clipper. (whew, glad to be up and running again, stinks being a dive shop with no dive boat)

Conditions at the Clipper yesterday were pretty decent. Waters were flat calm going out and 1 - 2 on the way back in. Looked like a lake. The visibility was decent as well. There was about a 1/2 kt current at the surface that was carrying some ugly looking particulate. Once I dropped down to about 40 feet the current subsided and from 60 feet I could look up and still see the bottom of the boat we were diving from.

On the Clipper itself I would estimate that viz was 70 feet horizontal down to about 100 feet. Below 100 ft it was ugly, maybe 10 foot. I would attribute that mostly to the shrimpers that are back near shore dragging bottom.

That's right, rub it in.

Grumblegrumblegrumble...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom