How to get a Canon charger fast on vacation? (in Cozumel)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheAvatar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Canon 40D's charger is kaput on day one and the battery is almost gone. Anyone know if there is a place to buy a battery charger for the Canon xxD xxxD Gx series on the island? Or some way to get it without paying $100 for fast international shipping?

Just a quick check:

1. Did you check at Chedraui or Mega to see if they had a compatible charger in their electronics sections?
2. Did you check at the dive store downtown (used to be Pro-Dive, might be Cressi now, been a while since I've been on the island), near the square, across from Prima's; or what used to be Michelle's, also at the same intersection, across the street from Prima's?
3. Depending on how long you are going to be on the island, grab the ferry and head to PDC and check to see if you can find it at Wal-Mart.

Good Luck!

Tried those no luck.

Unfortunately no time to go to PDC until 21st. What stores there?

No replies in the Cozumel forum thread.

There's Foto Omega which has a lot of universal chargers and proprietary batteries, but none for Canon.

There's the Fuji Film store, which sells Canon DSLRs, but doesn't sell extra batteries or chargers for them.

Have the most common DSLR battery type out there turns out not to help me here.

I am so sorry about the lack of battery.....Hope it doesn't ruin the diving

Tnx... doesn't ruin the diving but it does ruin the hope for U/W photos.

I bought a universal charger set for my Canon P&S at a photostore in Cozumel earlier this year.

IIRC, if you stand on the pier in "downtown", (1) face the McDonald's, (2) walk straight towards McDonald's, cross street, (3) turn left when you've crossed the street, (4) walk to the very first side street that leads away from the ocean), (5) turn right down that street (I believe that's the same street with the hybaric chamber), it should either be on that street or one of the street parallel to it.

Not sure if that helps, but they did have a bunch of various chargers and stuff, but mine cost $40 or $50 US (i.e, not cheap).

Back
Top Bottom