Feedback on Sea Ventures in Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kush

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone

My wife and I are advanced open water divers, staying right now in Puerto Rico, in Palmas Del Mar. The local dive operator is Sea Ventures Dive Centers.

We need some feedback from anyone who's used these folks.

They do not maintain a physical store. There is a reservations operator who doesn't know even the basics about the dive spots or anything else for that matter.

So this gives us some concern that this is an experienced operator who can cater to more experienced divers.

Our other option looks to be Pure Adventure in Fajardo, and we don't know anything about these guys either.

I know it sounds like we haven't done our homework, and the truth is with two kids in tow, we haven't focused on this :cool2:

Any feedback on either op seriously appreciated

Was just searching for info on Puerto Rico myself, & saw ur thread...did y'all have any luck there w/the diving & different operators? We're going down in Sept.
Thanks!

kush - did you dive with Sea Ventures yet ? I've booked trips this weekend with them.

- John

Dove with Sea Ventures on Saturday, out of Fajardo. Two sites: Wolf Island and Sand Slide. Latter was quite beautiful. For some reason the divemaster insisted on finning straight ahead the whole time, rather than letter the six divers peruse the coral fields at our own pace. Maybe it was to use up our air so we'd finish the dive quicker ? I dunno, but I did ask him to slow down and that helped a bit. Would be good to discuss this with DM before the dive. I did my own thing and lagged behind at Sand Slide, which was a really nice spot, at about 60' deep. Vis was maybe 35', and as a result colors were muted. But let the reef reveal itself to you as it will and you wont be disappointed. I thought all the people from Sea Ventures did a good job - including Captain Joe, who had the foresight to make sure I had the right connector for my BC inflator hose, which I didn't.

Seas were rough, and several people got seasick, including myself but only on the way back home because I took my eyes off the horizon to chat.

Enjoy!

kush - did you dive with Sea Ventures yet ? I've booked trips this weekend with them.

- John

Hi John

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't dive with Seaventures. Another forum member gave me some negative feedback as well on them.

I wound up driving to La Purguera to dive with West Divers. These guys were absolutely fantastic, organized and the wall dives were really good, with good visibility.

Regards
Ilya

If I remember correctly all Sea Ventures has is just a slip at Palma Del Mar, a small operation in Fajardo, and books for all their operations from elsewhere (San Juan?). It was hard to get clear info. I dived with them once, and just booking the one trip was a pain, and the rest of my week there they weren't taking the boat at all.
The diving I did was good, but I am not satisfied with a 2 tank a week trip! Later in the week I drove down to the southwest for 2 more tanks, but by then the weather was turned to cr@p.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom