Anybody diving a Uwatec Galileo SOL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got mine just before christmas. Have about a half dozen dives on it (I dive a bit less in Jan in New England). Still trying to decide which display mode I like best, but I'm leaning toward full. I have had a few brief drops on the heart rate monitor, but as was mentioned earlier the contacts are supposed to be wet and I have a bit of trouble working up a sweat in 39 deg F water. In short, I'm lovin' it!

Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase a Galileo without the sending unit in the US? I see them sold this way in Europe, but not in North America.

I am planning on up-grading from a Smart and already have the transponders.

Thanks,

Dan

The Sol without a xmitter is not in the dealer price list, but I would be very surprised if scubapro refused to sell one that way. Even if scubapro refused, I would be willing to split up a set for a customer who already had a xmitter. Do keep in mind however, the sol can read up to 4 xmitters (3 different gasses for your deco plan plus a 4th "buddy monitor") so having 2 is certainly not a bad thing.

Just got the new Galileo Terra in for review.

This is the entry-level computer for the Galileo range.

Looks much the same as the Sol, apart from a blue cover instead of the stainless.

Doesn't have transmitter capability, but the same screen details, etc, etc, as the Sol, including the compass and so on. Only does one nitrox mix.

You can then pay for two upgrades – one gets you the three-nitrox mix capability, and the other gets you the heart-rate monitor.

Mark

Hi Stevead:

Thanks for the response. Could not find anyone in my area who would break up the set, so I purchased the extra transmitter. Great unit. I am enjoying not having to lick the ends of my fingers to complete the contacts as I have done with my Smart unit.

Cheers,

Dan

Hi there,

Any news on whether Uwatec are publishing a firmware for Trimix for Galileo Sol ?

Any news on whether Uwatec are publishing a firmware for Trimix for Galileo Sol ?

No, not yet. The latest option is the apnoe mode. To get that, you have to install the latest 1.5 firmware. After that you can send a request to scubapro to send another update. After installing that the apnoe mode is functional.

Greetings
Karl-Heinz

Yea I'v read about that, and I was surprised that the trimix update was being anticipated for so long , instead of following public's demand Uwatec develops another galileo , that is still not trimix capable and makes an Apnea function instead ! If they knew how many people asked me if my computer is trimix capable or not. They'd do great sales IF they were to make that option available.

The suunto HelO2 with transmitter has nearly the same price here in Germany as the Galileo SOL. So to keep up with suunto, I think there will be a free update to the SOL for trimix. But the question is: when?

For Peterbkk,
Anyone had a deeper look at the maths in it? I have noticed a little difference in MOD.
On the startup display for a pp02 of 1.5, I am seeing 62.3m displayed (FO2 of 0.207468). Within the logbook on my laptop it, displays the correct figure of 61.4(FO2 of 0.21).
Wondering if this a glitch or has someone have figured out the exact composition of air !!
Cheers,
GEOFF

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom