Ginnie Ballroom Wedding 08.20.2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaGypsy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I met AlaskaDiver here on SB in March 2007 when I PM'd her and found out that we had very similar training and diving outlooks. After a number of visits between Rhode Island and Alaska, Christa moved out of Alaska as we purchased a home together in Rhode Island in October 2007. Since our initial meeting, we have done alot of diving and motorhome traveling together as we continue to train and enjoying diving diversity. We also both work at the Newport Diving Center in Newport, RI as divemasters leading local "fun shore dives" on weekends and some evenings.

Last Thursday, 20 August 2009, Christa and I were married underwater in the Ballroom at Ginnie Springs in FL. Our cave instructor Jim Wyatt is a FL Notary Public so he was able to perform the ceremony. Tom Hundley took a number of still photos while Doug Mudry and Sonya Tittle from Extreme Exposure took video. My three sons can be seen in the background of many of Tom's photos during the ceremony. We certainly both appreciate all of these individuals participation and friendships. After the underwater ceremony, we enjoyed an afternoon with the rest of our nondiving family as we floated along the Santa Fe river on tubes.

We look forward to a lifetime of diving together as we continue our quest to dive every state in the US as well as the seas of the world!

Last edited:
Congratulations!

I was in the Ballroom with Jim just 10 days before you were. Unfortunately, the only knots he had me tying were on the rocks, as he was trying to teach me how to run a reel without turning it into underwater macrame ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

What a beautiful and special day for both of us to be surrounded by our family and friends in a wonderful dive environment. I also loved the marriage proposal itself in Devil’s Ear on 02/14/09 just beyond the Keyhole.

Sounds like a great place to get hitched. Throwing the bouquet and rice might have been tricky. I was in there at the stroke of 12 last new years eve. Its a nice clear[and some would say warm] dive fersure.

Congratulations ScubaGypsy and AlaskaDiver!!

What a special story about how you met, came together and married in the ballroom. I've been to Ginnie's Ballroom twice but never to attend a wedding, very special indeed. :clapping:

Congratulations!

I am SO sorry I missed this! THAT is an event that would have gotten me back in the overhead for! Congrats to you and the bride. I wish you too many years of marital bliss ahead!

I am not a cave diver however that is an incredible story and one that I am sure will be told for generations to come. Congratulations to both of you. The photos look beautiful...almost enough to get me into cave diving :wink:.

congratulations, what a way to tie the knot!

Hey, I remember you from that other message board (neither of us post on anymore). Congratulations! What a wonderful way to officially start your new life together! :)

@ Perrone: Hey there, stranger! :wink: Nice to see you around these parts...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom