Air Fills at Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raynord

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Did anybody get any air fills at Dutch Springs this past weekend and if so how was the air?
When I was there last weekend, there were complaints of bad air. I'm hoping to go this afternoon and I'm not sure whether to get my tanks filled elsewhere.

The air is fine. Had students that got a total of 18 fills, no problems.

We didn't get any fills. One of the divers in the class was going to, but someone told us there was a 1.5 hour+ wait just for air. Instead we broke out the mini-booster :) Complete overkill for filling a steel 80 with air, but we didn't want to wait. At the end of the day we dropped off our cylinders at the shop around the corner and picked them up in the morning....

Took them 3 hours for my fill then they hot filled it! Ended up with 2100lbs and they wanted me to wait in line to get them to top it off.

I was there saturday the 23th and had a tank filled for a 3rd dive the air ( Nitrox ) I receive was fine. Our group of 3 went to the air fill shack and noone was there, within 15 mins there had to have been ATLEAST 40 tanks dropped off. The kid there was getting all flustered and complaining, so I can see some people waiting 3 hours

When in doubt Lehigh Valley DS is a great place. I rent from them frequently and it paid off the weekend of bad air at dutch because they bumped my tanks towards the front of the line when the dutch masses showed up.

I don't even think of getting fills unless I'm there during the week....I've seen the lines on the weekends! (Never got bad air though)

Wasnt there this weekend, but normally if you have two tanks drop one off after your first dive do your SI and 2nd dive and by the time you go back its filled. No wait...

That's why I own 6 tanks. It is nice to dive most of the weekend without worrying about waiting for air fills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom