Suggestion for reputable dive shop for Reg servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaPixie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Farmington Hills, MI --> Weeki Wachee, FL
# of dives
500 - 999
Suggestion for reputable dive shop for Reg servicing.
- Iv ran across a couple shops, Pretty new to the area (Weeki Wachee), so not aware of any scuttlebutt, about servicing and such.

Looking for a reputable - reasonable - not to slow shop to get my Abyss serviced.

Called a couple shops and seems to run between 55+parts to 80+ part, time of 3 day to 2 weeks.

TIA :blinking:

I would suggest Sunrise SCUBA, but... The closest one I know of to you that I'd feel comfortable recommending is SCUBA West, the Hudson Grotto people. I don't know for certain that they service Abyss but I can't imagine why they wouldn't.

I had a set of regs serviced at Scuba West and it took them a MONTH! Hope you have a back-up!
I take my regs to a friend who ran another scuba shop. He does the work from home in his spare time. I will see if he works on Abyss.

I recommend Bert at Tampa Adventure Sports. He does a great job. That would be the closest one to you that I deal with. Scuba Quest does good work as well but it would be even further for you to drive.

I use Bert at Tampa Adventure Sports. Very happy with there service (Bert save's the parts for me and show me what was done!)

Gone to others that I did not trust after repeat problems and they did not show me the parts that were replaced after requesting that the parts were to be saved for me.

If a shop does not give you your parts back how do you know if they did any more than check if it operates and make an adjustment? That is a far cry from an annual service

Both Diver's Supply and Tampa Adventures Sports are Mares authorized dealers. I would give both of them a call if you do not mind the drive

Divers Supply Tampa

Tampa Adventure Sports - Contact Us!

Sean

Now that Dive Bandit is at Divers Supply I hope things will change at Divers Supply.

They slipped a wrench on my Delta 4 (claimed it was that way when I bought it in), and also didn't put my dump valve on my BC back together correctly.

Now that Dive Bandit is at Divers Supply I hope things will change at Divers Supply.

They slipped a wrench on my Delta 4 (claimed it was that way when I bought it in), and also didn't put my dump valve on my BC back together correctly.

Scott and HoundDog are the men for that :)

Alison, Right now is a busy time of year to have regs serviced. As you are finding out, average wait time is two weeks. If you don't need your service right now, I'd wait until winter. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom