Reliable mailorder/ internet SCUBA stores

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone know of any online dealers for Canada?

I have found some nice deals in the mentioned US sites but am afraid of getting royally screwed with import duty when they arrive on this side.:shakehead:

We ship VIA USPS and keep the value low so you don't get killed on duties. Also, we just got on a new program with UPS for Canadian shipments....Values under $200 have a flat $10 duties charge...not bad :wink:

I'd strongly recommend anybody to stay far far away from K2 Scuba. One can do a bit of searching here and on thedecostop for a bit more information. The company used to be operated as K3 scuba, then before that as Barefootblue.

Feel free to PM me for any further details as most of them can't be posted here!

I just ordered two complete dive packages from Joe at ScubaToys. I was going to go with Divers Supply, but they apparently do not like to respond to emails and they don't respond when you click on their "Price Match" button on their website. Someone here on ScubaBoard recommended ScubaToys. I contacted them and Joe emailed me back within minutes. He also price matched all the lowest prices and they have free shipping and no tax. Joe is very patient. I emailed him a dozen times over the last couple days to ask him questions and he was great. Cannot wait to get my gear. :)

hi if you try us you will be very happy. Check our feedback on ebay. Our number one goal is happy customers. We do whatever it takes for our customers. Feel free to contact us for any info you may want. Low prices top quality products Thank you

Liesure-Pro or Scuba Toys for most of my gear, LDS for small items and tanks. It does not seem worth the money to purchase tanks online either new or used.

I'd strongly recommend anybody to stay far far away from K2 Scuba. One can do a bit of searching here and on thedecostop for a bit more information. The company used to be operated as K3 scuba, then before that as Barefootblue.

Feel free to PM me for any further details as most of them can't be posted here!

I agree with Cody's recommendation. There are quite a few people who have been ripped off by this operator and we try to warn people whenever possible. Stay away from K2 Scuba (K2scuba.com).

Most of the other retailers mentioned are good choices and have good reputations. I've had great experiences with Scubatoys and they've always been helpful.

Anyone know of any online dealers for Canada?

I have found some nice deals in the mentioned US sites but am afraid of getting royally screwed with import duty when they arrive on this side.:shakehead:

I've ordered from scuba.com without incident. You'll be charged GST and sometimes a minor duty, but it's not the obscene "brokerage fee" that you sometimes get from UPS. Scuba.com uses USPS/Canada Post, and even though they say it's not tracked, it is. If you're given a shipping option on any site, always be wary of UPS, since the brokerage fees are incomprehensible and inconsistent. The same probably applies to FedEx, but UPS is the one that stands out since they once charged a $50 brokerage fee on a $20 t-shirt...that was sent as a gift. :m16:

If you're an instructor affiliated with a LDS, you can usually get stuff at cost. It's one of the perks since the pay is so lousy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom