Cmas/ymca

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The YMCA scuba program was a federation of CMAS for the USA. Since the YMCA has ceased operating a scuba program and it has been continued under the name Scuba Educators International (and being run my former YSCUBA leaders), there have been negotiations between SEI Diving and CMAS about continuing the long standing relationship. I do not know what the status of the process is but you might check with SEI Diving at SEI Diving Home Page.

By the way, SEI Diving renews former YSCUBA leaders much the same way that they renewed with the Y in the past. It also will replace lost YSCUBA certification cards.

Hi, I was YMCA Certified, and remember during my classes hearing about how you could get a CMAS card too, how does one go about doing this?

Thanks.
You need to take a CMAS course in order to get a CMAS Card. The YMCA does not exist anymore so the system is the same as that for any other legitimate organization. You need to make the qualification requirements for the certification you wish to have.

CMAS ONE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom