Rare whale shark cut into pieces in Malaysian Restaurant - pictures as well

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please volunteer yourself first before wishing death upon others.

You're right. We should just continue with unsustainable growth until all resources have been exhausted and the planet is no longer habitable. I just might volunteer to be first...

If it's that or wishing death upon random (generally innocent) people, please do! Come on people, if you see humans as only a problem, don't be hypocritical. Do your part.

Pretty much all the problems with the environment are traceable back to the fact that there are too many people and the problem is increasing daily. As far as me doing my part, I elected to only have two kids which puts me at reducing the total number of people. What do you think is the problem if not too many people?

Great, please remove yourself and your two kids. That would help right?

Seriously, sure, over-population is a real issue. Wishing random death on others is hardly the right solution. If you truly believe in the need to remove humans, I won't stop you from addressing that issue with yourself (and your family).

Great, please remove yourself and your two kids. That would help right?

Seriously, sure, over-population is a real issue. Wishing random death on others is hardly the right solution. If you truly believe in the need to remove humans, I won't stop you from addressing that issue with yourself (and your family).

Well, I slaughtered the two kids this morning and am waiting for the wife to come home from work so I can finish the job. :wink: Wait, I don't have any children. Maybe I'll borrow a couple from my neighbor.

Worldwide pandemics are nature's way of correcting for overpopulation. Its going to happen eventually whether we like it or not. Incidents like the subject of this thread only illustrate the types of environmental and ecosystem damage associated with overpopulation. As we continue to eat everything in sight, eventually there won't be enough food to sustain the population. So, instead of withing random death on others, we can continue on our current path and wish starvation on poor third-world children. What a choice!

I'm a marine biologist and that's a terrible thing to see. I'm just glad to see that the whole animal was being utilized and not just finned and tossed OB. I'm not sure about the cuisine over there or if whale shark is a common food. Maybe some poorly fed kid got a meal out of it, thats about the only upside I can see.

This post went from a sick article and practice to sick ideas from board members. Get real.

This post went from a sick article and practice to sick ideas from board members. Get real.

Its OK, we made a meal out of the children, so nothing went to waste. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom