Optical Dome Port Sea&Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubbie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Currently im using DSLR Sea&Sea MDX-D300 housing and i'm wondering if i use Optical Dome port for tokina Fisheye 10-17mm is it necessary to get the SX Extension Ring or can i use the Optical Dome port by itself. Any differences with or without the SX Extension Ring? :confused:

Last edited:
According to S&S you need the extension ring. Without it you will not be able to do much close focus work.
Bill

I am not sure how much difference there is between the Optical Dome port and the NX Compact Dome port but I have been using the latter with the 10-17 lens and no extension ring with no problems over the full zoom range and haven't noticed any close focus problems.

I got the compact dome port because the optical port was out of stock and I needed the port for an upcoming trip.

I would love to get hold of the optical dome port though to compare the image quality.

Cheers
Treb

There is not much difference in terms os size and optics, and it works both ways.
But I believe the SX is the best option to go for with both of them, specially for border sharpness...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom