Flooded DX1G will RICO DX100 fit housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrvideosawyer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I won't go into the details - just let me say I flooded my DX1G:lotsalove:. Does anyone know if I have to buy Sea and Sea's camera replacement or can I get the RICO DX100? Will it fit in housing? I see that there is a 200.00 diffrence in price. Can I use the cheaper DX100 in my housing?

As I understand it, the 1G is a rebadged DX100 with a Sea&Sea underwater mode added, otherwise they are exactly the same.

Cheers
Ken

Yes it will. I was in the same boat with the 5000g, I bought the ricoh. Sea and sea wants to get a premium for a sea and sea label. For sure go with the Ricoh.:D

You will have to upgrade the firmware to get the full package. I did it with my DC500...

Please keep us posted if you go that route. My DX-1G camera is showing signs that the manual aperture mode will stop working (changing the aperture is more a random than a linear process when turning the knob) and I see some dark flaws in the LCD background. So I am considering replacing the camera. A 200.00 advantage would make the decision much easier. I never use the underwater mode so the DX100 would suffice.

I got my new camera today, will try to dive this weekend. But I want to take housing down with old camera first to make sure I am correct in why the housing flooded to begin with. I will keep you guys posted - wish me luck
Jim

I think you will be fine. just be anal about your prep...Did you download the firmware???

oh, yes this is right up my alley. i found this thread searching for a new dx-1g. we were in Kona a couple of weeks ago, and unfortunatly, our dx-1g stayed behind when we left (don't ask, it's too painful) anyway, we have the housing, strobes and the whole kit-with no camera. i can set white balance myself, so i don't "need" the underwater setting.

Cheddarchick- what does this mean? "You will have to upgrade the firmware to get the full package"

The S&S version of the camera has special firmware that replaces the custom mode with the Sea & Sea mode.

The DX100 simply won't have a setting on the dial for "S&S" but if you use the Sea & Sea firmware for the DX-1G you should get back the "S&S" mode.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom