Is this a wreck ? Google Maps.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Guys. Thanks for all the feedback. For those who have gone diving on the Juno, what do we need to know ? Safe dive ? Can we park and shore dive this right from the road ?

Thanks !

Hey Guys. Thanks for all the feedback. For those who have gone diving on the Juno, what do we need to know ? Safe dive ? Can we park and shore dive this right from the road ?

Thanks !

Not that I plan on diving it anytime soon, but I'd be curious to know more about it as well. What sort of depth is it in? How close does it come to the surface? What kind of condition is it in for it to show so clearly on Google Earth?

I haven't been out there for years, so I won't comment.

Try here: Ontario Underwater Council

Dive Source in Oshawa is the closest store, I'm sure someone there has info.

That is the Juno. I'll add some information about other wrecks close by that have not been dove in many years. There is an plane off that shore that is probably buried beneath sand. I know someone who used to dive it. And there is the wreck of the Helen that sank closer to Oshawa harbour. Lots of artifacts are in a collection, so I'm told. I can't find the wreck but there is still coal washing up on shore just west of Darlington Provincial Park. A relative of mine used to collect coal along that beach about 65 years ago. Occasionally I walk that beach and see coal.

Problem with the Juno right now is parking, you need to park close to the bridge, no stopping signs posted, local residents are getting concerned over number of divers / cars parked ilegally etc. Police were out early this year giving warnings vs tickets. You can park at the end of the road, requires quite a swim & some compass work to get to the wreck, bow 7ft of water, stern 11 ft. Vis can be mixed, south west wind 2ft, we have dove there this year and the vis was tropical

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom