Sea&Sea TTL converter issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mintaka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
On a dive last weekend the power light on my TTL converter started blinking and soon after my strobes were not firing every time, only once out of three. Shortly after that they wouldn't fire at all. When I got back to the hotel I sat down with the user manual and couldn't find any info about the blinking red light. Turns out that a battery change fixed the whole problem. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else runs into it. The original battery had only had eight dives on it.

I've only used my TTL Converter III on a couple of dives but a friend says his does tend to eat batteries fast. This was especially true for his first battery. The batteries he has used since then have lasted longer.

The YS Converter/N manual does indicate that the battery requires changing when the power light flashes.
I found the same as you Mintaka, when it does start flashing then it will only fire the strobes about 1 out of 3, which is a little annoying if it starts flashing in the middle of a dive.
So far I have only had to change the battery once, I have had the converter about 4 months and about 20 dives.

I should have read it more carefully :) !

The YS Converter/N manual does indicate that the battery requires changing when the power light flashes.
I found the same as you Mintaka, when it does start flashing then it will only fire the strobes about 1 out of 3, which is a little annoying if it starts flashing in the middle of a dive.
So far I have only had to change the battery once, I have had the converter about 4 months and about 20 dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom