Looking for suggestions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CatLady

Reaction score
I need a white wetsuit. For an underwater wedding.

As I see it, there are two approaches that I could take with this:
1. Buy an off-the-rack wetsuit and paint it.
2. Buy a custom wetsuit.

If I bought an off-the rack wetsuit (or chose one of my older suits to sacrifice to the cause), what sort of paint would be appropriate? I wouldn't want to put anything on that either degraded the suit or that would harm the marine environment.

On the other hand, if I wanted a custom wetsuit, who can manufacture a white one? All of the custom wetsuit manufacturers seem only to have various colors, but not white.

If anyone has a different approach that I haven't thought of, I'm certainly open to ideas. Thanks!

Congratulations on the wedding!!!

My suggestion would be to get hold of Carolyn at Liquid Fit (www.liquidfit.com). She has one of the best selections in colors, etc that I have found. She is great to work with and always has some wonderful suggestions and advice.

of a custom white diveskin type thing to be worn over the wetsuit. The wetsuit will be practical and warm and the light weight skin could be more like a decorative cover that you could decorate a little more and save after the big event.

Julie

I would check with Dive Goddess for a white diveskin or as MsP suggested, give Carolyn at Liquid Fit a call. Either one of these great ladies should be able to help you out.

Congratulations,
SWT

saltwater taffy:
I would check with Dive Goddess for a white diveskin or as MsP suggested, give Carolyn at Liquid Fit a call. Either one of these great ladies should be able to help you out.

Congratulations,
SWT

The diveskin would certainly be more flattering, and could double for use later on, but for budgetary purposes, you could also get those throw-away Tyvek thin white plastic shop jumpsuits to go over your existing wetsuit. Aftewards, you could sue it when doing grubbo work around the house, and they are less then $25 to my recollection. But as a slightly baggy jumpsuit, may not be figure conformal over a wetsuit.

Industrial safety supply places have them.

Someone once posted recently that they seem to be fond of white wetsuits in Japan... not sure how you would order one, though. You could do a search, sorry I don't remember the poster... I like the diveskin option as a good alternative...

Back
Top Bottom