intova iss2000 sensor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rab1412000

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi

my iss 2000 sometimes fails to detect the flash coming from my canon sd790. i nver had this problem with my intova ic800 i think because the intova has a more powerful internal flash
i am wondering where the sensor of the the strobe is so i can position it so it has a clear LOS to the internal flash

thanks

Last edited:
There are actually 2 different sensors located at the bottom front edge
of the strobe. There are small open circles in the rubber boot where the
sensors are located.

We also have a fiber optic accessory that will resolve this issue.

The only cable on the Intova site seems to be the one designed for the smaller PX strobe, not the ISS2000. Also, I just ordered the diffuser in an attempt to reduce the shadow effect that the IC600's built-in flash creates (it competes with the ISS2000 strobe, unfortunately). Will the diffuser significantly hamper the ability of the sensors on the strobe to fire? If so, what's the actual cable I need and how would it attach to the strobe? I notice the two sensors on the strobe housing are pretty large, so clearly a tiny little fiber optic cable isn't going to plug in.

The fiber optic works with both strobes. The kit contains adapters to
attach the strobe to one ISS 2000 sensor and blank out the other. Works
quite well. The diffuser will help with backscatter and even fill
issues. It will not reduce the effectiveness of the strobe.

I just received the diffuser for the camera housing yesterday. Some quick tests in a dark and in a medium-lit room so far confirm that the shadow effect has been eliminated and the strobe is working famously. I'm looking forward to hitting the water to see how it performs at depth. Thanks again for the help!

Back
Top Bottom