sea & sea 1G vs EVolt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaskip

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am considering switching from a Sea & Sea 1G to an Olympus E520. Would it be worth the $$$ to do so? I have noticed that Olympus underwater housings are good to 130 feet. How do they hold up?
Thanks scubaskip

Last edited:
Hey Skip,
Well I don't do a great deal of diving and I care for my housing so I'm not sure if I'm qualified to answer the durability question. I've had no issues with housing and setup since purchasing it last July and diving with it on 3 separate occasions including my latest trip in July. I don't go that deep though. I think the deepest I've gone with the housing is 90ft. I do like the dual oring seal and the rotating/locking latch. The buttons always seem a tad cheap to me but I haven't broken one yet. I've done shore and boat entries with it and its performed well. The biggest deal about stepping up from a P&S is the ability to focus and shoot fast.

I dive weekly with my E-520, mostly shore dives and have not had any problems other than user error. I had one minor flood due to not cleaning the o-rings properly but noticed it before any damage was done to the camera or lens. I've taken it down to 130 feet many times and slightly more on one occasion without any ill effects. I do soak my housing as soon as possible after a day of diving.

Brian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom