PADI certifcation online?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the reply's. It's interesting that PIC's online should be submitted within 7 days my application clearly hasn't.

Whilst i agree the online process should be quicker and more reliable.. it certainly ain't if you have a lazy instructor. In my case i was told that he would process my application the day after i left.. (12 days later PADI are still waiting) in my naivety with this system i trusted him.. that's why i wish i had the temp c-card and sent of the PIC the ole fashion way, want fall for that again:wink:

PADI are now involved so we will see what happens, i feel totally let down by an instructor who is representing PADI on their behalf:depressed: so it's in their interest to get this resolved.

Because this dive shop are not affiliated to PADI the instructor must have been fully aware that he cannot carry out a PIC online.

As of yet still no replies to any of my emails.... and there phone must still be on silent mode.

PADI Asia Pacific have been great and have sent me out never received card form to fill out and return to them.

My time should have not been taking up, having to chase a certification due to incompetence of one of their instructors. I feel totally let down that i have paid for a course in full and completed and passed the exam and this W***ker blatantly has not processed my application. He knew full well that an online registration should have been carried there and then and temp c-card issued once registered. Alternatively a PIC form and temp c-card should have been issued as i requested by myself.

Now i am aware of the PIC process this will not happen again...once bitten, twice shy :wink:

You're right stabes - you should not have had to chase anything - I'm a PADI instructor and therefore also somewhat disappointed that you've been let down; this sort of thing is in the minority but it leaves a sour taste and gives a poor impression of a company that comes in for a great deal of criticism.

Hopefully PADI A-P will follow through with the instructor and I'm glad you've found their service so good - it has always been my experience when dealing with them.

For other PADI divers out there - there is a complaint system and it does work - use it!

Cheers,

C.

OK, just to clarify some misleading points in this post:

The first one is the OP's comments about their PADI status - he's wrong - even though he posted it at least twice in two days here.

The shop in question is a PADI 5* which has subsequently been verified by PADI to the OP's satisfaction. The OP has even posted a retraction elsewhere - just not here. :confused:

They are affiliated with one of the larger PADI facilities at that location. I was able to figure that out with two minutes of Googling last night before I even knew that PADI had confirmed it.

I guess my question to the OP is:

Have you subsequently needed this card in the last 10 days since you took the class? If not, I fail to see why you feel the need to publicly air this in two different threads here.

The instructor has admitted to a delay in processing the PIC but in his defense, he was on vacation and proposing to his future wife. I think you could cut him a little slack...

For the record, I don't know the instructor in question personally and have no dog in this fight.

Last edited:
See attached post's in the other thread, nothing misleading that has not already been corrected.. this post is about PIC's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom