09/23/09 Outage Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dallasmarlow

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We experienced a power outage in our rack at the datacenter, all servers were offline for aprox. 1 hour. all servers are now online and functional as of 5:22 PM, please let me know if you find any issues with the site.

Thanks
Dallas

We have discovered that our rack is powered by a 20 amp circuit breaker on a 30 amp circuit.
we have requested a replacement circuit breaker from the datacenter, the site may go down again to install the replacement.

Dallas

You might consider temporarily making this a sticky.

The Long Hose discussion thread probably blew a fuse. :wink:

We experienced a power outage in our rack at the datacenter, all servers were offline for aprox. 1 hour. all servers are now online and functional as of 5:22 PM, please let me know if you find any issues with the site.

Thanks
Dallas

There seems to be some sync issues with the servers....

try to post, and it hung. had to reload several pages mulitple times. (this all since it powered back on 20+ minutes ago).

it seems to be settling out some though.

Thanks for the update :thumb:

You might consider temporarily making this a sticky.

The Long Hose discussion thread probably blew a fuse. :wink:

pete (netdoc) asked that i post an announcement, so one shoudl pop up here in a sec.

we had some database corruption issues when we came back online that probably caused that. i have repaired all of the tables, so let me know if you still see any errors.

Dallas

There seems to be some sync issues with the servers....

try to post, and it hung. had to reload several pages mulitple times. (this all since it powered back on 20+ minutes ago).

it seems to be settling out some though.

Thanks for the update :thumb:

hit it again Dallas!

CLEAR!!!!!

ii_defibrillator.gif

HEPV01P09_06.jpg

Dood! You rock! Two fifteen amp breakers,one for each PDU in our rack has been installed by the Data Center. We put in one additional server about three weeks ago and the load went to 21.4 amps. The data center first blamed our equipment for causing a spike, until I found the rating on their breaker. That's like trying to haul two tons of fertilizer in a one ton truck!
Posted via Mobile Device

Dood! You rock! Two fifteen amp breakers,one for each PDU in our rack has been installed by the Data Center. We put in one additional server about three weeks ago and the load went to 21.4 amps. The data center first blamed our equipment for causing a spike, until I found the rating on their breaker. That's like trying to haul two tons of fertilizer in a one ton truck!
Posted via Mobile Device

Are you trying to tell us that all of our posts are two tons of bull crap? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom