Good dive operators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The last two time there we dove with Dive With Martin and had a great time, fast boats, no crowds and all the good sites.

(...) wondering if the operation is still as good as it used to be. Has anyone been out with them lately?

Would like opinions on who runs good dive operations these days.

Define GOOD.

What's a GOOD site for you ? Deep with strong currents and big critters or quiet colored shallow reefs ?

What's a GOOD dive op for you ? One that let's you dive your own profile or one where the DM will make everyone follow strict safety procedures ?

OK, I'll admit I'm feeling mischevous (blame it on the flu), have no feedback to offer (first trip in Coz in December), and very little diving experience. But you might get more useful answers from others if you state more clearly what you are looking for.
Just my 2 pesos.

:popcorn:

Define GOOD.

What's a GOOD site for you ? Deep with strong currents and big critters or quiet colored shallow reefs ?

What's a GOOD dive op for you ? One that let's you dive your own profile or one where the DM will make everyone follow strict safety procedures ?

OK, I'll admit I'm feeling mischevous (blame it on the flu), have no feedback to offer (first trip in Coz in December), and very little diving experience. But you might get more useful answers from others if you state more clearly what you are looking for.
Just my 2 pesos.

Good comments. Although as others have said, with all of the most recommended ops appearing throughout threads on this site it's hard to make a serious mistake.

I got stuck on a cattle boat a couple years ago, but - it was the one time I really needed a head. :blush: I guess if it happens on a small boat, I'll go swimming.

I got stuck on a cattle boat a couple years ago, but - it was the one time I really needed a head. :blush: I guess if it happens on a small boat, I'll go swimming.

That makes me think of that "maneuver" which was so horribly colorfully. Perhaps a beach club pit stop would be better, would not hurt to ask.

That makes me think of that "maneuver" which was so horribly colorfully. Perhaps a beach club pit stop would be better, would not hurt to ask.
Sure, when there is time. :eek:

Hi Gang,

I have not been to Cozumel for 5 years and am thinking about going back this coming January.

The last two time there we dove with Dive With Martin and had a great time, fast boats, no crowds and all the good sites.

We know that Martin passed away a few years back and was wondering if the operation is still as good as it used to be. Has anyone been out with them lately?

Would like opinions on who runs good dive operations these days.

Look forward to hearing from you. (END QUOTE)

Hi BK! I'm sorry that there are people on this Coz site that take it upon themselves to invalidate your question. They seem to think that it's their responsibility to design the types of questions allowed here. They also take it upon themselves to be the guardians of what people should say about their favourite dive op. It truly amazes me the ignorant behaviour created by web facelessness. Now to your question....
I have used several dive ops in the last five years you have been away. They where all good. As stated some have larger boats with more people onboard. By your dive experience you already know that. Also you have been to a lot of dive destinations and pretty much know the dance. For me I dive with Scubamau as they let me dive my gas. Even when there are new divers onboard they tell them, 'you may have to sit on the boat a bit after each dive as Kevin stays down a little longer'. I cant recall a negative word from any less experience divers. I tend to try and help them also. I love to help the newer divers calm down.
Scubamau have dms like other ops that love their jobs and love to show the world under. They love to have fun. The boats are covered six packs. They use Al80s, nitrox is available. I use 36 on my second dives alot. Their shop is at Villa Blanca, and the shore dives are free. Opal can set up a great deal with budget type hotels if you like. She is a world of info and loves to help. The Op itself is a year and a half old but the people that run the show are all from major ops on the island. It was time for them to do it and they are doing a brilliant job. They are number one on Tripadvisor.
Since you have been away a lot has been going on for Coz, growth for one. Which means change. Mostly good for sure if that can be measured by comfort. Since the last big hurricane the Coz family has rebuilt the island to a beautiful level with new vibrant colors and new businesses. I am in awe of how they rebuilt their island.
I hope you do go back if you liked it the last time you will love it more now. They diving is still spectacular.
I read you had a lot of rain once when you went to Isla Mujeures. Maybe ask the best time for less rain. Hopefully the folks here will just tell you. lol.
I am heading there dec. 8, jan 21-feb28. Maybe youll be there then, we can share a dive with whomever your diving maybe. Have fun nonetheless. kev:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom