Dumaguete/Dauin to Siquijor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zahgurim

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be in Dumaguete/Dauin area for 10 or 11 days or so, with a few friends.
We'll be playing/diving around Apo/Dgt area.

Saw on a map that Siquijor is fairly close.
How easy is it to get to Siquijor from Dumaguete?

Cheap places to dive/overnight there?
Anything cool to see, apart from the diving?

My friend went there last month. We were visiting the PI too and caught up with her in Bohol. In the end she said that Siquijor was her favorite place on the whole trip (she saw 7-8 islands including Luzon, Cebu and Bohol). I think you will be well rewarded when you check it out.

Let me know what you find out. and have a blast diving APO. I dove it 2 years ago with Adventure Diveshop and had a hoot!

Jason

Sea Explorer is the choice for Island hopping. Siquijor is a great island but falls a bit behind Duma/Apo Bohol or Moalboal in terms of diving. When the weather is like now the island sucks, as you just can't do anything next to hanging out in the room or resort. If the weather is fine you can spend some great 2 days exploring the island.

In the Dauin Area you might get the best value for money at
Mikes Beach Resort in Dauin. The first 4 rooms are basically completed and end of October it will be full functional.

Comparing with the prices of the other resorts in Dauin plus Mikes attitude you can't get wrong there at all. Mikes Rates for rooms and diving

cheers

Rhoody

PS: drop a line to meet for a cold one if you like

Yeah, I'll be at Mike's new place. Have been in contact with him for a bit.
2 or 3 of us are heading over to that general area from Oct 20-31.
Figure that we'll stay at Mike's for diving/biking, and maybe bounce over to Siquijor for a couple days since we're in the area...

Always happy to meet up for a beer or three. :)

How easy is it to find the San Miguel dark beer (Negros?) there? Will try to fill up my backpack and bring a bunch back.

Have found some info, apparently it's fairly easy to get from Dumagute to Siquijor on the ferry.

Philippines fast craft schedules for Aznar Fast Craft, WeeSam Express, Ocean Jet, and Super Cat Fast Ferries.
Ocean Jet

You can also check out mysiquijor.com for Siquijor details. I've been there last April and August. We stayed in Coral Cay, Residencia Diosa and Villa Marmarine. Villa Marmarine I like the most. We got their dorm room at 5 persons / room. We got a good rate P250 / night / person because we were guest of their dive operator, Siquijor Dive Safari.

Regards,
Gi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom