Drysuit latex sock?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shinobi226

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, i recently acquired an used Supra Dry 7mm neoprene drysuit, it had boots attached, and well they are too big ( two size to be precis), i have seen over the internet that i could find latex sock but no neoprene sock, i was willing to do it myself, so does anyone know if its possible to fit, glue, sew, staple :D or whatever a latex sock on a neoprene drysuit?

Thanks in advance

And by the way dont mind my english, as i'm french i do what i can :)

I am not sure what you mean by two sizes too big. American sizes are very different from European sizes, and I am not sure what you mean. In American sizes, I would say that two sizes is too much for you to overcome with socks. In European sizes I am not so sure--it might be perfect.

Whites sells neoprene socks of various sizes. I own some 3 mm socks from them.

You will not be happy with feet that are much too big for you. You will not have the control over fins that you will like, and you will have a problem with air bubbles in the feet.

The general concesus is that you really really don't want Latex socks. They wont last very long at all. You might have to send it off to a repair shop for the trade out to regular Neo socks.

Gambles in Fl, or Superior drysuit repair are 2 of the most popular repair shops.

Basically what i would want is to get the neoprene sock and do it myself, but i cant find a retailer for neoprene sock. The boots currently on my drysuit are 2 sizes too big, i wear 10 and those are 12/13 (3xl). Both of the repair shop mentioned above are both from the usa, am i canadian and customs are always a pain. My LDS doesn't change the boot-sock themselves so i have to pay the shipping for a heavy drysuit. So does anyone knows a good source go get neoprene sock?

You can call me anything you want :D

either give him a call or fire him off an email via the website its up to you, Tonight he will be around until 6 then we are out of a dive.

I finnaly think after analyzing all the options that i may send the suit to bare, bare ask for 130$ for both laber and socks, replacing the boots myself also voids the warranty on the suit in that particular area. And LDS near me (more or less near) i fond that not so much of them are willing to sell these. found one that would sell me the sock for 130$+shipping another 79.99+tx another 69.99 and that doesnt include seam tape. So basically don't try and do it yourself, i dont think its worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom