Stretchy 5mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StephM

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking for a 5mm wetsuit that's stretchy. I tried on a friend's Henderson and it was very comfortable so I'm thinking of going with the H2. I'd like something that will wear well over time and I'm not familiar with other stretch-type suits.

I have a scubapro from several years ago that never fit "right" (arms were always a bit too tight) and after putting on a few pounds, I'm too exhausted after getting the suit on to dive :wink:

In scanning the boards, several posters mention custom-made suits. Can you get those made with the more more flexible material?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Stephanie

if you look up BARE wetsuits, they are extremely comfortable, very flexible! we use them here at blue season bali for our rental wetsuits and they last a long time ( being dived in for 3 dives everyday)!!!

hope this helps

I's suggest the BARE Velocity. They have a wide range of sizes and that suit cuts a nice line between stretch and warmth. The 2 do not coexist 100%. There are thermal trade-offs with stretch.

Here are some tips on sizing and donning. If it's tiring then you have the wrong suit and/or technique.

Pete

You might also check out the Pinnacle Elastaprene (with or without the Merino lining) suits. Both my husband and I think they are superior to the Henderson Hyperstretch suits in not allowing so much water intrusion, and if you upgrade to the Merino lining, they beat the HH hands down for warmth. I'd say they are about 90% as stretchy as the HH suits, and we haven't seen as much pilling as our HH suits had.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom