Kauai trip staying at Lawai beach.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

puggsli

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I’m looking for a good dive shop in Kauai. I leave on October 1 and will be staying at the Lawai Beach Resort for a week. I would like to do a night dive, shore dive & boat dive during my visit to Kauai. I will need to rent a BC, reg, tank, weight, and wetsuit. I’m the only one in my group that will be diving so it looks like I will have to do the dive tours. Should I use one dive shop for all my dives? This will be my first time to Hawaii :D

Aloha,

There are several shops to choose from right in your area (Aquatic Adventures, Seasports Divers, Fathom Five). Each one offers something unique. Who you pick really depends on what your are looking for.

SCUBA Dive Kauai - Hawaii Vacation Activity
SEASPORT DIVERS #1 on Kauai and Niihau - Scuba dive on Kauai and Niihau, Shore Dives, Boat Dives, and Nitrox.
Welcome to Fathom Five Divers Ocean Quest Watersports

Hopefully, this post will be of some help to you. :wink:

Last edited:
Hey there I recently dove with Kauai Down Under and they were great, they had a fully equipped shop the staff was great. All around have a wonderful experience and would love to go back and do some diving with them again. And best yet they are right at the Sheraton Kauai Resort. Cant get anymore conveinent than that.

And I did a two tanker trip up to sites along the Pali coast with Bubbles Below Divers, had a superb time with a most excellent company. The three crew each had something special to share and we were well chaperoned as two were instructors and one a DM, all three were coast guard certified sea captains!

Great you have lots of choices!

Have a great trip,

Aloha

I've had good luck with Seasport Divers

I highly recommend the Niihau trip during the summer months

Trip report

I was able to get in a shore dive with Matt from KAS at Koloa Landing which was great. I saw a spotted eagle ray, 2 turtles, dragon eels, and a lot of fish, 2 snowflake moray eels and much more. The best part I was a group of 1, just the instructor and me unlike the other shops that had
Groups of 5 + it was a good thing that we beat them in the water too.

I also did a 2 tank boat dive with Bubbles Below which was great as well. The sites visited were ambers arches, and campsite 1.
At ambers arches I saw 4 nice white tip reef sharks, lobsters, Ghost shrimp, a few fish, and nice big arches to swim through. One issue I had it took to long for every one to get off the boat to the bottom 67 ft it sucks using up your air waiting looking up. Other than that, this was a great dive site and I would like to go back.

The final dive site camp site 1 (I think that’s the name) was ok not much to see. the bottom was 44 ft. This time I was the last person off the boat to make sure I did not waste air. Very few fish nice visibility, lava shelf formations, different rock formations, and a strong surge. Now I know why the caption wanted to pick a different site but the DM wanted that one.
Caption Earl was great supper nice and helpful I would go on his boat again. I just wish I had Matt with ksa as the DM on my second day of diving.

On my second to last day of snorkeling on Lawai Beach I was heading out to check out the moray eel I found the other day. The visibility was not good only a few feet and I spot a real big Tiger shark real big :jaws: it scared the crap out of me. As soon as the shark turned to open ocean I made a sprint for the shore 200 yards away :sharkattack:. I thought it was a dolphin at first and started swimming towards him until I saw teeth and strips. Just so you know I won’t make that mistake again.

We have had good experiences with Fathom Five, and have especially enjoyed diving with Debbie (who is available on weekends).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom