Big Mahalo to Gabe on Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bappelt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I went diving with Gabe Scotti this week while I was on Oahu and had some great dives.

On Tues we went to the San Pedro and YO 257 first and then Turtle canyon. The conditions were fabulous at both locations and we saw turtles, eels, a white tip shark, a frog fish and the usual contingent of reef fish and urchins.

On Weds we went to the Sea Tiger and Kewalo Pipe. Again the conditions were great and we more of the same characters including some scopion fish. Gabe and others saved a turtle by cutting some fishing line off of him. Gabe also found an octopus that at one point tried to hide in my BCD.

Thursday we went out to Hawaii Kai and dove the Corsair wreck and a reef called corner pocket. The Corsair wreck was pretty cool just sitting there in the sand surrounded by garden eels and other reef dwellers. At corner pocket, Gabe found another octopus and fortunately this one did not try to crawl in my BCD.

All and all a great week of diving with a fabulous dive buddy. Thanks a lot Gabe it was a lot of fun. Next time I'm back on Oahu, I'll be back in touch.

good work buddy!

I have posted a trip report and a few pics to boot!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom