Where to go mid-november (from the UK, warm waters, low-budget)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iSTRONG

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I'm having troubles finding what i want.
My wife & I are looking to do 2 weeks of diving end-november/start of december. We're both AOW qualified with about 150 dives. We're both in our early 30's.

We've dived Bunaken/Lembeh (indonesia), Sharm-el-sheik, Pemba (Tanzania).

What we're looking for:
- Somewhere fairly cheap to flight to from the UK.
- Warm waters (my wife gets cold even in 22 degrees celcius waters :rofl3:)
- Cheap diving + good value accomodation
- Quality diving (pelagics would be a bonus, but would be happy with just nice reefs). We've been to nice places so far so don't want anything less than top sites.
- Friendly place. Do like the backpacker vibe!

Things we don't really care for:
- overland activities / nice beach / hotel swimming pool. We're here to dive & that's pretty much all we gonna do. 3-4 dives per day every day.
- luxuries.

We did 3 weeks in Bunaken / Sulawesi with Twofish Divers & that was pretty much the perfect holiday. Something like that would be awesome.

Your suggestions are very welcome. Thank you.

Marsa alam Red sea.:confused:

Thanks 300bar,

I actually considered Marsa Alam but got a bit worried by what this site (scuba diving Marsa Alam, Red Sea, dive site directory) said: "A 3mm wetsuit or even a shortie will be appropriate in the summer months but from November through to April a 5mm is necessary and you may even need a hood and gloves."

Maybe I'm being too difficult.

Thanks 300bar,

I actually considered Marsa Alam but got a bit worried by what this site (scuba diving Marsa Alam, Red Sea, dive site directory) said: "A 3mm wetsuit or even a shortie will be appropriate in the summer months but from November through to April a 5mm is necessary and you may even need a hood and gloves."

Maybe I'm being too difficult.

Don't see why you would be "difficult":D
I dive a 7mm in mid summer in the RedSea,I like to be WARM.

I would recommend Thailand. There's now a low cost airline leaving from stansted for Phuket via KL
you can get few liveaboarf options as well as resort based in the true backpacker destination

Grand Cayman/Little Cayman
Providenciales, T&C
Cozumel
Bonaire
Curacao

I'm afraid flying to the above destinations from the UK is very expensive. There are no cheap packages either. You guys living in the US of A are very fortunate when it comes to choices of great diving destinations, in warm locations, close to home and at very affordable prices too.

I'm afraid flying to the above destinations from the UK is very expensive. There are no cheap packages either. You guys living in the US of A are very fortunate when it comes to choices of great diving destinations, in warm locations, close to home and at very affordable prices too.

Ya, that's very true. I can't find flights at less than £750pp for Bonaire for example.
Marsa Alam, I've found £560pp for flights AND accomodation in 5* half-board.

Think I'm gonna go Marsa Alam & buy a couple of 7mm semi-dry suits :D

... this looks so tempting... especially with the £400 off offer: http://www.regal-diving.co.uk/home/?m=destinations&destid=7&resortid=32&hotelid=213
Might have to put it on the credit card :D

just found it for £1895 through aquatours... how can i not go?
Someone please give me a reason not to blow £1895

Back
Top Bottom