Siebe Gorman Merlin Mk VI twin hose reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

solentdiver

Reaction score
Hi there,

this is to all the vintage diving fraternity out there, I have just aquired a Merlin MK VI twin hose reg, which I plan to use. However at the moment I know nothing about it, I believe I have located a service manuel for it, but any advice on what the recommended cylinder pressure is for this reg, and info on it's care and what parts are likely to wear out etc would be much appreciated. Also advice from those who use merlins or have used them,on their operation, such as particular quirks, how to clear it etc.

Many thanks in anticipation, James

Hi James, and welcome to this forum.

I have a Siebe Gorman Merlin VI that is currently in pieces, I have just this morning got a manual for it. I'm quite prepared to swop tales and diving info if you like.

Yes I'm a diver and a Scuba service technician in North yorkshire, I take it that you live on the south coast of England if your "handle" is anything to go by.

Look up my profile and give me an email or a PM (private mail) through the forum.

cheers

Brian C

Hi there,

this is to all the vintage diving fraternity out there, I have just aquired a Merlin MK VI twin hose reg, which I plan to use. However at the moment I know nothing about it, I believe I have located a service manuel for it, but any advice on what the recommended cylinder pressure is for this reg, and info on it's care and what parts are likely to wear out etc would be much appreciated. Also advice from those who use merlins or have used them,on their operation, such as particular quirks, how to clear it etc.

Many thanks in anticipation, James
I used what I consider to be the best valve ever made for fifteen years . I normally charged my tanks to around 3,000. In all that time I had the diaphragm replaced once and i replaced the hoses after about six years. I found a slight sea-spray when twisting about in wrecks but nothing to be concerned about. I envy you owning it. Clearing is simply a matter of raising the hoses up and letting the air flush the hoses. Note: you also need to raise the hoses to your buddy should you ever need to buddybreathe. Needless to to say that rolling over onto your back will purge in the same manner as the purge button on a single hose. The best care you can provide for it is to ensure you flush it out with fresh water after every day (I left mine in the bath overnight with my other gear)
hope this is of some help. Best of luck.
Bob

Welcome to the board Robert....that thread is 13 years old so I suspect he has either got it fixed or moved on by now. :)
There are a lot of double hosers on the board so find one and join us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom