cruise operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

truck1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does any one know off hand who Disney Cruise Line uses as their dive op for their certified dive tours?
TIA

Does any one know off hand who Disney Cruise Line uses as their dive op for their certified dive tours?
TIA

Also check out the boards on cruisecritic.com and check out the area regarding scuba and snorkeling from a cruise ship.

Thanks. I am a member of cc and never noticed the forum on their before.I am trying to get around DCL pricing for dive trips.

I noticed that Cozumel is included on a list of common ports to avoid when cruising....
Ports to Avoid in High Season 2009

That article basically lists every port accessable from the US mainland into the Caribbean as ports to avoid and lists Europe as alternatives. If you are looking to get some sun and do some diving, its really not an option.

I think Cozumel actually handles the traffic created by the cruise ships fairly well compared to other countries in the Caribbean. Most boats can dock as opposed to a tender. Many dive ops do accomodate cruise ship divers and you can make it work that way too.

Thanks for the replies,
The one problem I have is that Disney at least in the Bahamas has the contract set so that no matter what you do you have to book through them.And they charge almost 2x as much if you could book on your own. When I was on the 4 day to Nassau in August, I called SC and asked about booking and they said they could not book me on my own,beacuase of the way the contract was set. I had to bok thru Disney, which if I remember correctly was 140 for a 2 tank including gear. Same price if you bring your own.Even if I called from the pier and said come get me,the first thing they would ask is What ship so they know what time to get me back. So that left either a taxi on my own (about a 45 minute drive)or walking a few blocks away and calling SC.
I am hoping that the same does not apply here since I am going in 2010 not this year and I want to try and get a headstart on a work around.I already know they have the same 1 price with or without gear.

I'm pretty sure it's some Mickey Mouse operation...

...sorry:shakehead: couldn't resist...

Thanks for the replies,
The one problem I have is that Disney at least in the Bahamas has the contract set so that no matter what you do you have to book through them.And they charge almost 2x as much if you could book on your own. When I was on the 4 day to Nassau in August, I called SC and asked about booking and they said they could not book me on my own,beacuase of the way the contract was set. I had to bok thru Disney, which if I remember correctly was 140 for a 2 tank including gear. Same price if you bring your own.Even if I called from the pier and said come get me,the first thing they would ask is What ship so they know what time to get me back. So that left either a taxi on my own (about a 45 minute drive)or walking a few blocks away and calling SC.
I am hoping that the same does not apply here since I am going in 2010 not this year and I want to try and get a headstart on a work around.I already know they have the same 1 price with or without gear.
Wow! I always thought you cruise ship folks were able to choose whatever dive op you wanted to. I've dove with many divers off of the ships and never heard this mentioned. I hope for your cruise you get your own choice without a charge from ship. Because the Disney ship has the advantage of docking at the northern terminal, Punta Langosta (and it plays "wish upon a star," instead of blowing our eardrums out and rattling stuff off of our shelves with a normal horn). This puts you about a 3-5 minute walk from the downtown pier that just about every dive op will pick-up from. I've watched the Disney ship dock many, many times, and, while I wouldn't take this as a fact, I want to say it docks early enough for you to have your pick of just about every dive op.

I'm pretty sure it's some Mickey Mouse operation...

...sorry:shakehead: couldn't resist...
The dive boats play "It's a small world after all" over and over going down the channel. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom