Best way to apply zip wax?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sucnip

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all. Just received my new Fusion. What's the best way to apply zip wax? Zip open or closed? How often?

Thanks,
dp

Follow Whites instructions on this (right now I can't remember their exact method).
I'm sure a rep will be by to give you instructions.

I've read a ton of different ways and suggestions from posters over the years, and this is what I do, and seems to work for me.

I wax the zipper while it's open. I lightly glide the wax down the zipper on both sides, and then again on the teeth on the inside of the suit as well. Because you cannot get to the first few teeth that are under the zipper pull when the suit is open, I close the zipper an inch and hit those few teeth, too.

I'm careful not to over wax the teeth. Too much wax can be a magnet for sand and other particles that can get between the teeth and cause damage.

I don't wax every dive. I wax every 2-3 dives.

Again, that's what I do, but you should follow Whites recommendations. Funny, these zippers are manufactured by the same company and installed in different dry suits, and the different dry suit companies using the same zipper sometimes have different waxing instructions.

Thanks Rick - I don't think I could have said it better myself...

Cheers,
Tyler

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom