Orlando / winter park lake clean up nov 14th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dayo Scuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Exclamation Orlando Lake Cleanup Event - info!

PRIZES FOR MOST INTERESTING TRASH PULLED FROM LAKE.

Sticky Please

The City of Winter Park's lake clean up event is scheduled for:
Saturday Nov. 14th
Co Sponsors include Dayo Scuba 723 Executive drive Winter Park Florida 407.292.9727 Cave Diver Forum, and ScubaBoard

Fire-rescue will be checking up on us in case in anything. If its too many people, the City might want to limit the amount of people going in.

As of right now, the City might close boating for residents but there is the Winter Park scenic boat tour that goes around the lakes on the hour.

This time we will be cleaning Lake Baldwin

*** FOR THOSE BRINGING THEIR BOATS *** I need to know the type of boat and the Florida registration number in advance. That way we can exempt you from the City user fee for the day. If they already have a pass for their boat, then that is okay too.

the event is still scheduled for Saturday, Nov 14th the event will be from 8am - 12pm.

Dayo Scuba will be having a BBQ after the dive(s) at its shop. They are also offering free AIR fills that day to divers doing the clean up. More details to come.

No alcohol or drugs at any of the dive sites period
Common sense please..don't litter, ect..we may get local news media coverage too
ALL divers must show proof of certification
ALL divers will sign a liability release
YOU DIVE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Suggested (and highly recommended) dive gear:
Gloves
Trash bag (aka lobster bag or something like that)
At least two lights
If you have a dive flag bring it just in case we need them
If diving Nitrox please know your MOD and don't exceed it (though unlikely to happen in these lakes)
Knife or scissors - entanglement is very possible please be prepared to deal with that underwater

Please let us know if you are going to join us. The more the better. In the spring when we did this we have over 60 people and A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL.

I'm in.... again.

Ken

Looks like the Weather is turning. Should be a nice dive. I have heard that the navy left all sorts of stuff in that lake when they closed the base.

This will be fun! Unfortunately, I will be in the Sea of Cortes on a liveaboard during this event! Take lots of pictures!

I hope you don't mean of the lake.

Ken
Sure... the preparation, the divers, the resultant trash and of course: the lake! :D

I guess I should have used the preposition "in" instead of "of" in my phrase.

Any participation updates?

Ken

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom