Diver visiting Navarre Beach (nearish to Pensacola)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rev. Blade

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I suppose I would have been smart to post this a week or more ago. Then again, I ran into travel issues, so I'm glad I didn't arrange a bunch of dives for the first few days that I thought I'd be in Florida. In any case, I'm now in Florida, and hope to do some diving. None of my buddies from California were available to come on the trip. The only dive I know I want to do, is to get to the Mighty O. I'm thinking I can find an insta-buddy on the boat. The dive shop I called (Bay Breeze SCUBA) indicated there were also several good shore dives in the area.

Is anyone in the area interested in meeting up with a California diver this week? I'll be in town until Tuesday October 20th. Then I'm headed up to Georgia. I have an appointment to dive in the big tank of the Atlanta Aquarium.

If you have time and are a Navy or Airplane buff, check out the Naval Aviation Museum at Penscaola NAS. It's free and is a very good museum. You can spend from an hour or two, to almost all day there, depending on how much detail you're interested in.

The big shore dives in the area are the Ft Pickens Jetties. There are some other threads on here that include some maps/diagrams.

Some folks also dive the old piers in the area. further east is the Destin Jetties (East Pass). They are popular. See if SeaYoda is going anytime soon as he's off during the week sometime.

might also move this up into the main Deep Dixie Divers forum as it might get more attention from people in the area. (just a suggestion).

Hey RB glad to see your post. I have to agree with Mike S., you may want to post your request in DDD as it will get a ton more attention. I am local and would be happy to answer any questions you might have, just PM me. You may also want to check out the clubs web page you stumbled into our forum. We are at www.westfloridadiveclub.com there is a lot of info there and we add stuff all the time.

I went over to MBT SCUBA, and Josh told me about a night dive at the Fort Pickens Jetty. (Kathy had an Advanced Open Water class.) Kathy said I could tag along with her students. We had a nice dive, and I got a chance to see that site.

The dive boats to the Oriskany seem to be stormed out for this weekend, so I'll head up to Vortex Springs on Sunday. I'm still hoping to get on a boat to the carrier before Wednesday, when I'll be heading up to Georgia.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom