Warranty Specific Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to Princeton Tec and there CDN. rep for replacing my 2 defective lights. :D

And BTW...nice fins sambolino44.

My wife and I both have matching men's and woman's PT watches from the early 80s that originally had lifetime warranties. These both had the real cool stainless steel "rice" band with expansion module. Both of our bands have finally worn through and the local jewelry shops can't fix them. Also, mine is losing about five minutes per hour and my wife's just won't re-start when changing battery. We both love these watches but don't find them on your site anymore. Are we SOL?

I would like to offer up this update to a PT warranty thread from 2008.

Thanks,
Pete

My wife and I both have matching men's and woman's PT watches from the early 80s that originally had lifetime warranties. These both had the real cool stainless steel "rice" band with expansion module. Both of our bands have finally worn through and the local jewelry shops can't fix them. Also, mine is losing about five minutes per hour and my wife's just won't re-start when changing battery. We both love these watches but don't find them on your site anymore. Are we SOL?

The short answer is that there isn't a whole lot we can do for the watches, however we will find a replacement of some kind. Please contact our customer service department as (800) 257-9080 and we will be able to speak with you further regarding your current predicament.

Thank You

Princeton Tec

Dang! These were great watches that were actually made by Doxa. I contacted them directly and they said that just the repair of the watches themselves would be about $300 each if they could do it and the bands may not be repairable but rubber bands can be had for about $70 each.

Thanks anyway.

Please post here if you have warranty questions that our website wasn't able to answer. If you had a good, or even bad experience with our warranty department and customer service department, please do share.

PT

I own several Princeton Tec lights. (I keep one of their Attitude lights in an outside pocket of each of my duffel bags. I have a Sea Strobe, sport flare, headlight, Impact XL, and a Shockwave LED.) I'm happy with how each of them perform. When the lights have failed, Princeton Tec has always been extremely helpful. They don't ask for receipts, or when I bought the lights. They don't ask how I was using the light, or if I unscrewed the cap while under water. They just say to send it in, and they replace it.

Some people have teased me that my lights aren't very reliable, since I've had to use the PT warranty on most of my lights. I don't agree. I've been quite satisfied with the lights. I carry at least 2 lights on daytime dives (the strobe and a flashlight), and add at least one light for night dives. I only have a couple hundred dives, but my failure rate per light per dive, seems as good as any of my friends', some of whom use other brands.

The only way I could consider Princeton Tecs warranty to be any better, would be if they paid postage both ways. I am completely satisfied with their products, and more than satisfied with their warranty.

Shockwave11 dive torch. Purchased from Liesurepro NJ about two years ago. The black plastic internal switching quadrant has broken at the fastener. Can you provide me with a replacement? or point me to your rep in Australia??

Thanks Col

Attachments

• Ptec torch 001.JPE
    Ptec torch 001.JPE
    28.6 KB · Views: 236
Shockwave11 dive torch. Purchased from Liesurepro NJ about two years ago. The black plastic internal switching quadrant has broken at the fastener. Can you provide me with a replacement? or point me to your rep in Australia??

Thanks Col

Our dive distributor in Australia is Oceanic Australia and can be reached at 011 61 3 5986 0100. If you have a contact in the states for shipping purposes, we can always handle the repair in house. Please visit Princetontec.com for warranty information.

Thanks

Princeton Tec

I just got the replacement switch assembly for my shock wave light in the mail. Going to Roatan in 20 days and plan on doing at least 2 knight dives. TY for your quick service. The service dept. was very friendly and shipped out the parts to my address with no questions asked and free of charge with no recite. It is an easy fix for me to do myself and will save me buying a light last minute. TY. again my wife is very hard on equipment. I have the same light and it works fine after 3 yrs.

I had an excellent customer service and warranty experience with my Shockwave LED.
Awesome Light I love it.

I dropped it and the handle broke, completely my fault -- Contacted customer service to see if they could do anything. I was a bit unsure of exactly if they would consider this abuse or not.
It was only a couple feet and I was really bummed the handle broke off that easily.

The customer support person gave me an RMA# number and told me to send in the light with no batteries in it. In less then 3 weeks I had back a new light and even 8 new C Duracell batteries.

So I have complete faith in Princeton Tek standing behind their products and I have already bought a couple more smaller backup lights from them after this experience. I tell all my diver buddies my good experience

I look forward to any new products they come out with as I know they stand behind it 100%

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom