Can you learn scuba from tv?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah,sure.

The internet is better.

Splitlip,

I have been diving near Jupiter (West Palm). You are truly blessed to live there!

You can NOT learn to dive from movies alone. You need to supplement it with the internet. Once you are a master internet diver, you'll be so good you won't even have to waste your time in the water. You can then log your internet posts, your movies watched, and your yarns spun at the LDS.

Learning from movies is just too time consuming and way too much effort. I learned subliminally by listening to audio cassettes while I slept.

Learning from movies is just too time consuming and way too much effort. I learned subliminally by listening to audio cassettes while I slept.

I used to smack my head against my electricity and magnetism textbook - it that the same sort of thing? :)

CW:
JHBWc.jpg

I'm pretty surprised this thread wasn't locked or trashed when he jumped from TV lessons to spare air. What's going to happen when someone trolls this place with an ounce of subtlety? :confused:

...dude, I'm pretty sure 95% of the responders to this thread immediately spotted the 'troll'......most of us are just having fun with it......:)

Why I am socked and disillusioned with this entire thread and the staff! I can't believe a hoax like this can stand! Life time banning will not BE enough and they need to be ganged up on! For those who can't or won't read between the lines!

Last edited:

:no:Too many failure points (cassette player malfunction, power outage, etc.)! Gotta think DIR, man! It's enough to put tapes/books/DVDs/SB URL on a piece of paper inside your pillowcase, Your mojo will take care of the rest.

Why I am socked and disillusioned with this entire thread and the staff! I can't believe a hoax like this can stand! Life time banning will not enough and they need to be ganged up on!

...a picture is worth a thousand words.....

Attachments

• blog_peanuts.jpg
    blog_peanuts.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 62
Why I am socked and disillusioned with this entire thread and the staff! I can't believe a hoax like this can stand! Life time banning will not enough and they need to be ganged up on!

Another somewhat anemic* response?

Is your first sentence a question or a statement? If it's a question, my guess is that the reason you are socked is to keep your feet warm. Not sure why you are disillusioned though.

Life time banning will not _WHAT_ enough?

Who do you think needs to be ganged up on and banned? Given your prolific response to the OP previous thread about 'cheap diving' , and even your early responses to this thread, you may want to be careful where you throw those rocks. Scubafanatic got it right... most people are just having fun.

Would it help to include more :D :mooner: :shakehead: :rofl3: , spelin errers, and :no: ?

*anemic -- iron deficiency
In this case, I say somewhat because it isn't really iron, but once again, it's sort of iron-y.

Back
Top Bottom