hydro optic regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

penfold

New
Reaction score
hi every one this is the first time on, havent got a clue wot am doing, bought a hydro optic rg-3x regulator but i cant find any info. are they any good

Where did you buy it? Who recommended it?

Hi Penfold,

Do I know you?/ you know me?

I came across Hydro optic about 4 years ago, they appeared to make or sell all sorts of diving equipment from regs,BCs, funny clips and masks. A dive shop near me seemed to be doing a roaring trade in their gear. They started doing a special offer, buy some of their equipment, say a knife, and then you could buy for a special price a BC and their Reg for £300.00 or there abouts.

The first stage of the reg looked (inside and out) just like an Apeks/Diverite/Zeagle clone the 2nd stage was like any simple plastic adjustable 2nd stage.

The diving shop closed and the owner left not only the country but also a large group of Padi trainees that had all bought Hydro optic regs and BCs but then wanted me to service them.....

I made enquiries trying to find the firm, head office, anyone who would speak to me, the closest I could get was a telephone number on the south coast of England that was never answered and an address that didnot return my written letters. As there was at that time a lot of divers wanting their regs servicing I wanted to do the manufactures course and open an account to get hold of the spares.

If you want to continue the search, best of luck, I suggest you try one of the registers of firms or SITA (scuba industry trade association).

Best of luck

Brian Cooper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom