Newbie here. 1st post. Most interesting critter you have seen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Small Frogfish at the Blue Heron Bridge

Big 1st Goliath Grouper/Jewfish aggregation I saw in Jupiter a few years ago, along w/ the Lemon shark aggregation 1st time I experienced it

Close was the 15+ bull sharks last year at the "Hole in the Wall" or the "explosion" of reef sharks at the "donut hole" at "Tunnels"

For big stuff, you cannot beat Jupiter!

The Thing (~3-4 ft long) seen in Curacao.

Attachments

• The Thing3.jpg
    The Thing3.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 35
I think that I might try the Manta Ray night dive off Kona some long weekend. Folks say its an hour that stays with ya forever.

I saw this really beautyfull girl making her OW certification and dragging all over the bottom, does that count?

I saw seahorses when I was diving in Sosua Bay a couple of weeks ago - tiny and well camouflaged!

Some great apes that really didn't look like they belonged.

Ummmm, while not a critter(s) per se' - I think the most interesting thing I have seen underwater was a group of au naturale divers. Jamacia mon', 1991. Judging by their tanlines they weren't a native species.

I'll spare ya'll the jokes that go with that too.

I'd post the pixs, but they would be against the TOS. :D

I don't know what it was, but it was walking through the dirt by the bushes when I was a little kid. It was huge, a big greyish/brown Millipede looking thing that kind of looked like a sea cucumber, but this was in Detroit, so???

Way too many interesting things to pick just one. The beautiful Goliath Groupers with bait balls swarming all over them, the gorgeous lemon sharks during their aggregation, the turtles, and abundant colorful tropical fish in Jupiter, the huge starfish, seahorses, frogfish, stargazers, flying gurnards, rays, etc. at the Blue Heron Bridge, and all the amazing sea life that lives in our beautiful oceans. It's all enchanting.

For me, manatees because of their curiosity, and manta rays because of their size, grace, and unearthly presence. And recently I saw a sea moth that was quite interesting.

Back
Top Bottom