Liveaboard Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may start a "whole" thing about the "Aggressor Fleet" but based on my trip to Coco's Island I will not give any money to any of the Aggressor Fleet due to the lack of professionalism within their boat. We had a scenario where our skiffs motor failed and we were Radio'ing for almost 20 minutes before they knew we were having problems... To me, the way that played out was unexcusable........... Awaiting any input......FYI , probably will never get on an Aggressor boat "ever" again.
Sharkbait

Hi, new member here, and I can use everyone's advice!

My 14yr old son (PADI jr open water) and I (PADI advanced open water) are considering going on our first Live aboard for his winter Break this January 17-24, 2010.

I wanted to know if you knew of any trips leaving from the Ft. Lauderdale-Miami area? Unfortunately we cannot afford the longer trips so we are looking for 4-6 day trips. Besides the cost, we especially need to make sure that there are enough shallow dives that we can do keeping within his 60' depth limit. We also are interested in what courses we might take while on board. Can you please tell me what you know of, and at what price?

Thank you!
Bert

We have cruises out of Freeport in January at a great rate of $799. It is a short airline flight or you can take Discovery Cruise Lines.

:wink:Have you considered the Maldives? take a look at Maldives Scuba Tours and Scuba Tours Worldwide if you want to dive warm weather with the majestic mantas and huge whalesharks this could be the place for you

In case any of you are considering or have booked the Figi Aggressor it is going into permanent dry dock after Jan. We have a trip booked for the end of Feb and just found out yesterday that we won't be on the Aggressor. They have switched us to Peter Hughes - Island Dancer II. We have never been on a PH boat before and have always loved the Aggressor's. The Island Dancer II looks nice but it looks like you have to dive from an inflatable :eek:( I am just not good at launching myself out of water to climb into an inflatable. It's not a pretty picture. If any of you have spots booked on the Figi Aggressor you had better call in soon and see if they can get you another boat. Would love to hear from any of you who have been on the Waver Dancer II.

In case any of you are considering or have booked the Figi Aggressor it is going into permanent dry dock after Jan. We have a trip booked for the end of Feb and just found out yesterday that we won't be on the Aggressor. They have switched us to Peter Hughes - Island Dancer II. We have never been on a PH boat before and have always loved the Aggressor's. The Island Dancer II looks nice but it looks like you have to dive from an inflatable :eek:( I am just not good at launching myself out of water to climb into an inflatable. It's not a pretty picture. If any of you have spots booked on the Figi Aggressor you had better call in soon and see if they can get you another boat. Would love to hear from any of you who have been on the Waver Dancer II.

The same company owns both the aggressor and the PH boats.

I have been on a number of liveaboards and the top 3 are:

Rocio del Mar: Puerto Penasco and the Sea of Cortez. Includes a lot of zodiac diving (but they have ladders for theirs) The Blog from the Sea of Cortez - ScubaBoard

Explorer Ventures: St Kitt's to Saba (disembarking in St Marrtin). Saba Trip on the Caribbean Explorer II - Articles

Aquacat:
This was also a great trip, though I can't seem to find my trip report. Very stable boat (it's a catamaran), super crew, great eats and LOTS of diving. I had a great time and will be going again!

Boats that I plan to go on: MV Spree (Key West), Nekton Cruises, Blackbeard's.

I did the Komodo Dancer a fews back and LOVED it! Great diving! Great vessel!!!!!!! Worth the long flight!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom