Hello from Savannah

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pond skipper

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
New to Scuba Board but have been diving rivers on the east coast everywhere for fossils and artifacts. Just moved here a while ago from North Carolina and have done a lot of spearfishing since I now live so close to the ocean. I love bowhunting , fly fishing, canoeing, kayaking , rafting, and primitive skills. Check out my web site at bowsofwood.com. My wife and I reinact colonial life (like the movie "The Patriot" and "The Last of the Mohicans") for work and teach workshops on bowbuilding and flintknapping. I hope to make a few friends here. Thanks

Any good diving along the Beaufort/Savannah coast? I've done Broad and Edisto Rivers for fossils but haven't tried offshore yet.

I haven't tried offshore either, mainly due to the fact that my dive boat is a canoe. I've heard good things about diving for fossils off shore. The rivers around here are productive and fossils seem to be easier to find/locate...the ocean is big, rivers are long. Thanks for the welcome.

Hey, Pond Skipper . . .

WELCOME TO SCUBABOARD ! ! !

Get in touch with "Lives4Sharks". She lives in Savannah and is an excellent dive buddy.

the K

Hey welcome to the boards. I lived in Savannah and a young teenager and loved it. I was there from about 73 to 81.

Love to see some fossil pics! Where were you living in N.C? I'm doing some river stuff here in eastern N.C.

Check out blackbeardsscubaclub.com if you would like to meet some local divers.

I used to live near Charlotte, NC but I dove Waccama Creek, Cape Fear River, Neuse River, and a few others in NC. I will be posting some pics soon and thanks for the link mwm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom