Dive caddy - airline carry on solution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In my last post I forgot to mention I have my Olympus camera housing in the turtle pack, wrapped up with a small towel for some protection.
I leave my shape items, knife, scissors in my checked luggage. Just haven't found a way around that one.
With the DiveCaddy me and my luggage reach the destination. I am ready to go diving. IF they loose my checked bag, not a problem. I'm going diving.
I also care a shoulder bag with my laptop and Ipod and any papers or magazine I need for the trip. It works.

Call or email me for a price quote on the DiveCaddy.
Safe Diving,
Brad

For five years I used to fly up to twenty times a year for business, all domestic. Each trip usually involved a minimum of four flights, with an occasional six or eight flight trip. My bags failed to make it to a destination the same time as me about twice a year, and weather was almost always the cause of the problem. The airlines never lost any of my bags and when delayed they would show up within a few hours to two days later. Only once in all my travels did someone leave the airport with my bag instead of theirs, but they returned it when they realized their mistake and to recover their own bag.

You'd think with that track record I wouldn't worry about dive gear disappearing. I do. Delayed arrival would mean lost dives. Lost or stolen gear would mean heartbreak for both the lost gear and the lost dives. A compression system like Dive Caddy or the MEI Voyageur would definitely eliminate that worry.

The dve caddy is an excellent product and one of the best envestments i have made. I not only carry dive ear, but on non diving trips i have packed my cloths and shes in it, and can fit up to a weeks worth of cloths easily wich al compresses and carries onlike a charm.... I cannot recommend this bag highly enough.. You can carry all you dive gear and some cloths for dive trip, you an carry cloths for a non dive trip, and when not in use, everything stres in the turte pack ( the size of a medim purse).. PRICELESS

I have a buddy who is travelling to a remote location in Costa Rica, the small puddle-jumper airplane to get to the place only allows 25lbs. I told him about the Dive Caddy and he's going to get one. Will be interesting to see if all the warm water gear fits under these strict weight limits.

Yes you need a small case that you can place camera and laptop in as a personal item. This is what I also did when I traveled to Hawaii for 2 weeks. I used a laptop case as the personal item which had room for my camera as well.

Next the Dive Knife. YES YOU MUST CHECK IT. TSA will have a fit if you try to carry it on in the Dive Caddy.

If you have to have a knife with you then yes you have to check a bag or ship it ahead of time to your destination. I have done this in the past and works out well.

Remember the whole point of the Dive Caddy is to allow you to keep your dive gear on your persons at all times to assure your gear arrives at the destination with you.

Lost bags may take 2 days to catch up to you and sometimes even longer depending on where you are traveling to. You have to decide if having you gear with you as you step off the plane is important or taking the risk of loosing it by checking bags.

How about the Eagle Creek Switchback 22"?

Has anyone successfully packed their gear into this roller backpack style with the same dimensions as the other luggage discussed here for carry-on? With the exception of 3mm suit, dive computer, mask/fins/snorkel, we've taken to renting the rest once we arrive in warm waters. Maybe I'm not as concerned about weight without reg and bcd but inside dimensions will make it/break it.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Hello everyone,

Great topics and conversation!

The link below has some great info that some of you may find useful.

Don't forget, the DiveCaddy has a lifetime warranty and is the lightest most in-expensive dive bag system on the market. Many competitor systems require you to buy/take multiple bags to take the same amount of gear as the DiveCaddy. These multiple bags are an investment not only to purchase, but also to use. Checked bag and/or overweight fees add to the "true cost" of the bag you are using.

As a quick note for international travelers, the TravelBag portion of the DiveCaddy only weighs about 2.5lbs. We have put together a very light travel gear configuration that only weighs 17lbs when fully loaded. This is acceptable for many overseas airlines.

http://www.divecaddy.net/DiveCaddyInfo.pdf

Check out the link and please feel free to email me directly if you have any questions or would like details on our international solutions.

Chad Watson
chad@divecaddy.net

I like your product, but it is not inexpensive. While my current bag won't qualify for carry on and it doesn't have a lifetime warranty, I have used it for several years on boats and to travel. It cost me $15 not $240. I would glady pay more for a dive caddy, but I'm not willing to spend 16 times more.

Seems over priced for something you have to carry..... plus the FIN CADDY is another $30 on top of the $240.

Wished I'd seem it at DEMA for a closer look.

Back
Top Bottom