Looking for a DIR-style buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I talked to Jeremy -- apparently the forwarding function that was sending the DIR Project e-mails to his private e-mail account got broken somehow. It's fixed now.

I talked to Jeremy -- apparently the forwarding function that was sending the DIR Project e-mails to his private e-mail account got broken somehow. It's fixed now.

I'm not sure what is going on with The DIR Project site, but it has been pretty much dead in the water for the past several months. I emailed Jeremy directly several times, trying to get a local diver membership for the listserve. Jeremy replied but the diver was never added to the list. All I can imagine is that Jeremy must be really busy at work and tied up with other priorities.

Apologies to anyone that has not been able to get a response from The DIR Project.

for regular deco dives around Vancouver, sometimes in Victoria and anywhere else, except of Sakhara and Gobi deserts.

There is a pretty good sized DIR community in both Vancouver and Victoria. If you want to do some diving here in Victoria, or want some help getting in touch with some of the guys in Vancouver, you can email me at cfenton@thedirproject.com

Sorry about the issues with getting in touch with the DIR Project, CaptainBlack - as Lynne mentioned above, I've had our ISP fix the e-mail forwarding. Drop us a line again to info@thedirproject.com or jhoey@thedirproject.com, and it should get through this time. I'll be happy to get you introduced to some of the local crowd, although I see that Chris Fenton has already chimed in. :)

(Chris, sorry I've been off the grid the last while. Will drop you a line soon.)

I think Jeremy has just been busy lately and the site hasn't been his top priority... nothing personal to those awaiting replies.

As far as DIR buddies go, try IDC (International Diving Centre). There's a large, fairly active DIR community here and we run several GUE courses each year (Ron would have been trained through the same instructor at Northern Tech as teaches the courses for IDC - Dan McKay).
OceanQuest is now an official UTD (DIR) facility and I understand that they also have a very active community.

If the DIR Project (great resource when it is fully functional) is not of use to you then these would likely be your best bets.

Welcome!

You know Ness, I've had a hellufa time trying to get out on any kind of regular dives with the "DIR community". Are you guys doing any kind of regular dives?

Having moved from Kits early this year, it's not as easy for me to just stop by...

I'm actually at the point where I'm thinking I either need to find some "right minded" folks to dive with regularly or just admit defeat and give up and get my snorkel out.

... at which point I'd probably just as soon give up (you might remember how I feel about snorkels :) )

I'm curious if anyone would be interested in trying to set up a regular Wed or Sunday dive?

Bjorn

P.S.: for those who don't know me, at one point I used to have DIR-F level skills and managed to not kill team mates ... So I wouldn't be much good for deco dives, but might be passable for other dives with a bit of practice :)

you are a great diver Bjorn. what do you mean used to have fundy's skills. maybe you don't have deco but you're on your way. just dive and have fun. you still have your twin setup. long dives are great. I did a 90 min a couple of weeks ago.
thanks for the call last night. we'll try and get out again soon. I'll pm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom