Fa-Mi HID 35 cannister light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonas Isaksen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The HID bulb went dead after some serious diving and kicks into the stonewall. New bulb were ordered both directly from FaMi and the supplier 5 months ago.

None of these orders were ever effectuated by fami, and no answers to any e-mails.

Does anyone know where I can buy HID 35 bulbs with the very special foot that is in the fami light/bulb ?

It is soon vinter and dark which makes me very annoyed with the italiens :censored:.

Thanks, been looking there however there is no picture of the bulb which means it is difficult to say if it can be used or not.
The secondary problem with fa-mi is that the bulb is cemented into a very special foot which matches the igniter system.

The specification states HID bulb 12V 35W efficiency 150W 5600 Kelvin and HID-35W-50, but I am not able to find that one on the net.

It is your bulb something like this :

HID BULB

There are only a few company to produce thats bulb , FaMi just buy parts from them.

My advice is to get rid of that lamp or upgrade it on LED. Have same problem just I make my own lamp but I have big problems with bulbs.

I'm not happy to hear such bad customer support from FaMi having one of their lights :confused6:

It is your bulb something like this :

HID BULB

There are only a few company to produce thats bulb , FaMi just buy parts from them.

My advice is to get rid of that lamp or upgrade it on LED. Have same problem just I make my own lamp but I have big problems with bulbs.

Yes the HID bulb looks like the one I got however, again, itis this foot that FaMi has put onto it that can not bee seen on the pictures.

Maybe you can send Brightstar a picture of your light bulb to see if they have the exact model and foot. This Taiwanese company may do a lot of OEM HID light bulb. They even have their own dive light.

:cool2:

Put picture of your bulb on the forum and you maybe get some usefull advice.
BTW:
I got 21W DC version of that bulb without socket (looks like normaly GU 5,3-) but Brightstar stop production of them (I have contact them directly) and I have to change all light - on LED

Put picture of your bulb on the forum and you maybe get some usefull advice.
BTW:
I got 21W DC version of that bulb without socket (looks like normaly GU 5,3-) but Brightstar stop production of them (I have contact them directly) and I have to change all light - on LED

Yes I will try to make some good photographs of the bulb and foot and show it here.

However I have finally got an answer from fami:

To replace the bulb it is necessary to send back to us the lamp.

Price for the new bulb will be 246,00€ for HID30 model, or 123,00€ for HID12 model.

Please note that VAT and transport costs are not included.

Our adress is:

Fa&Mi srl

Via S.Gottardo, 100

21021 Angera -VA- (Italy)

First of all fami should not require me to send them the lamp back for replacement, most of us can do things like that our self.

Second the initial price of EUR 246,00 is 30% of the lamp cost when it was new and on top of that is VAT and transport cost!

My conclusion is that Fa&Mi actually do not want to sell lights to divers. The pricing here is horrendous compared to the prices that the suggested manufactures on this link required for a HID 35 bulb.

This means that for been able to continue to use that light I need to find an alternative supplier. Yes photos will be presented.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom