Las Vegan: Trip to Catalina Dec 5/6/ Drive Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

offgasser

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States of America
# of dives
Las Vegan looking for a "drive" buddy interested in diving 2 single day Sat/Sun charters to Catalina. I will be a working DM on the Magician -- cannot be your dive buddy. Looking to the share the gas costs over, leave Friday afternoon, will be able to bunk on board. Sport Chalet has both days chartered, contact them if interested and contact me. Back in town about 9-10pm Sunday.

How many dives a day is the charter able to get in?

Would you be driving?

I'm assuming that there will be someone for me to dive with...buddy wise?

They always get in 3 dives.

I would be driving, unless your rig can beat 17mpg. I have a Ford Sport Trac and have done this trip with a full load - me + 3 divers with one cylinder each and gear.

In regards to dive buddy. That's part of the DM briefing: "Does anyone need a buddy?". We try our best to get a single with another diver or two divers. The group chartering the boat typically has many student divers with instructors, however, there have always been non-student divers on all of the trips I have made both as a DM and a paying diver. In my experience, most people are pretty hip/cool and people hook up as needed.

If you want more information on the boat here is the website for the Magician: Magician Dive Boat San Pedro CA

They always get in 3 dives.

I would be driving, unless your rig can beat 17mpg. I have a Ford Sport Trac and have done this trip with a full load - me + 3 divers with one cylinder each and gear.

In regards to dive buddy. That's part of the DM briefing: "Does anyone need a buddy?". We try our best to get a single with another diver or two divers. The group chartering the boat typically has many student divers with instructors, however, there have always been non-student divers on all of the trips I have made both as a DM and a paying diver. In my experience, most people are pretty hip/cool and people hook up as needed.

If you want more information on the boat here is the website for the Magician: Magician Dive Boat San Pedro CA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom