50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recall that you were in a LA County Underwater Instructor course AKA UICC, that I had something to do with..Now you are 62...guess what that makes me? Glen? Tom? Otto?

( ever wonder why the LA Co types are Underwater Instructors? The term SCUBA was not in common useage until 25 years later!

I'm only 62, and I wanna be a pirate when I grow up! I have been diving on and off for about 40 years. I moved to Virginia in 2005, and the only diving I have done here so far is to scrape barnacles off the bottom of my sailboat. But that is about to change! Weather permitting, I am signed up for a boat trip this Sunday to dive on the wreck of a tugboat that went down in the 1920's.

OK I qualify, I'm currently diving in Manzanillo Mx. that's 160 mi. south of Puerto Vallarta, come here & I'll be your dive guide, My last "new" buddy just posted raves to Undercurrent

Watertown MA., Mainly northshore, Have dove Roatan, Belize, Caymans, Turks, Hawaii, Bimini, Aruba, Eleuthra, Abacos, and all throughout the Caribe.
30 years of diving and only missed 1 year. Basic OW Cert.
Dive winter and summer.
Over 2000 dives.

Elliot, you might take a look at DAN for that info. We had a discussion here re. this subject when a cruise ship refused a shore excursion dive for me because I was over 65. No one had ever heard of such a restriction. I found a local dive shop and went on my own. I'm now 70 and will dive with Spirit of Freedom live-aboard on the Barrier Reef and Coral Sea islands in January.

I don't know why this discussion is in this forum, we aren't OLD.

53-looking at 54
Great Lakes "Shipweck Alley", Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary in Alpena, MI
DiveMaster, Advanced Nitrox, Deep Air.....
Favorite shop? That would be Thunder Bay Scuba, I own it.

I have some friends, 63 and 72, that come up to dive with me. Both trimix and cave certified. He has a depth rated pace maker, 150' rating. The time is coming where it will have to be replaced and he is looking to find one rated to 170'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom