Typhoon TCS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just put my first 3 dives on this suit.

Dive 1, flooded from somewhere, buddy's DS had a total flood, dive was called in 15 minutes.

Dive 2, tightened the inflate and exhaust valves double checked the zipper and seals. Found out I am leaking from the left wrist...not too major, post dive i was pretty wet to my elbow, but the rest of me was dry!. 65 minutes at depth in 65 degree water.....got just slightly chilled with thermals and under armour on underneath.

Dive 3, still a small leak in the left wrist, 35 minutes, stayed pretty warm!

overall, VERY satisfied! The suit is well constructed, and compared to my buddy's oneil 7mm DS it is much heavier and looks/feels much more durable.

Issues..boots are a bit big, so air trapping is a BIG issue for me. Ended up putting bungies around my calfs to reduce air buildup, which did work! will invest in some gators before cave country in Jan.

I was worried about the neck seal, as it really isn't all that tight. I can feel it, and it feels like something is around my neck, but really, it feels rather comfortable. I was worried about it leaking, but nope! worked perfectly. Instead the very tight wrist seals leaked slightly, lol. That's what I get for having small wrists i guess.

All in all, I am very happy. no criticisms of the suit right now!

I have about a dozen of dives so far and no leaks (neck or wrist).

Need to put a p-valve in soon.

Just completed my first pool test of my new TCS Typhoon neoprene drysuit.....seems to work like a champ, although I can see I will need a bit of instruction with this thing. No leaks, though for first effort.

Attachments

• S2010407.JPG
    S2010407.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 132
I punched a hole in it yesterday. I couldn't find 5/8th hole puncher so I've used soldering iron. Now OMS P-valve is installed. Gosh it cost me significant chunk of the price of the suit for the P-valve! :)

I will see how well I did the job and how well it sealed.

been diving my TCS all week in cave country! Had a major leak the first day, found out it was a loose exhaust dump, since then dry, warm, and feeling great.

I did have major floaty feet issues, but gaiters solved that problem easily!

great suit for the money!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom