dive op in bohol and moalboal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lofish

Contributor
Reaction score
so verything is booked, we will arrive Bohol in less than 15 days..
Are there any particular dive ops that you would recommend? And do you bargain?Thanks!

I will give you my best advice::

When I am diving in Moalboal I always use Savedra, scuba diving cebu philippines I like them because they are Professional, reliable, have three scheduled boat dives a day, not to mention all the staff are real nice and make u feel at home... There are other good shops in Moalboal like Seaquest and a few others but based on my experience I always choose Savedra...

I have not been to Alona for approx 1 year and the shop I usually used there has had a management change... Again there are many really fine shops in Alona, but I usually dove with Bohol Divers out of the Bohol Divers Lodge... I also have used Sea Explorers (fine outfit) and a couple of others but I really liked Bohol Divers because I could stay in the budget rooms in the back and it was just a short walk in the morning to the dive center... If I had students with me the swimming pool was perfect for conducting OW pool sessions.

As far as discounts go: you can always ask, since there is no shame in that but most centers have a sliding scale, so the more dives you make with the center the cheaper your per dive cost. Just FYI the diving here is really a bargain to begin with....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info! Yeah.. diving in PI is very inexpensive comparing to other places.

We are staying now at Savedra in Moalboal. 1600 for a waterfront room with A/C and wifi that actually works. But we dove today with Nelson's Dive Shop. 9:00am morning dive at Pescador Island, 2:00pm afternoon dive just south (forgot the name). Guide was Benjin for just the 2 of us - good guide, good equipment, good price (1100/dive, 800 if you have your own equip). No complaints at all.

Some of the other shops are more expensive but the difference in price is nominal so not really worth choosing one over another to save 100 pesos for 1 or 2 dives, in my opinion. However, lots of dives, the price difference can add up. I suggest that you look around and find a shop you like once you arrive. For us, Nelson's has been great.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

I prefer diving with smaller group. I emailed Nelson's but i sure will check around on the first day.

BTW, we are going stay at Marcosas.

I live in Alona Beach, Bohol part time and do my diving with Seaquest.

If you need a map of the Alona beach area you can download one from my website.

try sierra madre divers also in bohol.
they have a website you can google.
good luck

lofish,
I've dived both places and found Sea Quest to be a good dive operator. Their equipment is good, their prices are reasonable, and they have DMs with good local knowledge. There are cheaper operators in both places, if that is important to you, although the Philippines is already cheaper than most other places.

Have a great time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom